MidSouth Shooters SupplyWisconsin TriggerStainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2
Graf & SonsInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small flat rate box shipping advice

Boolit Master

Small flat rate box shipping advice

Not sure if its just me and the people who work in the post offices near me, but nearly all the small flat rate boxes I get look like this. Please add some tape around your box to prevent your items being stolen in transit. I tape mine all the way around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFB.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	193159

Salty Dog

I've been shopping heavy stuff in padded flat rate envelopes. They are tough and made like bubble wrap. Same shipping cost.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Man
    Real good advice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been putting stuff in a SFRB and then taping it and THEN putting it in the padded flat rate envelope.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools -

I tape all of mine like gorillas would be using it for a soccer game.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
    I tape all of mine like gorillas would be using it for a soccer game.
    Here is a far thinking person.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

I like the box in the padded envelope method. 2 sfrb will fit in 1 padded flat rate envelope for almost the same price as 1 sfrb. best deal.....
    Tape is your friend and strapping tape is an even better friend and do not forget the priority tyvek envelopes for the contents to prevent pieces from escaping the semi-destroyed box...
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -- Aesop

PAPERPATCH MASTER

I`ll always remember a sellor, on another site, that sold me several `J` bullets. He shipped them in a SFRB and in a sandwich bag. He didn`t put tape anywhere on the box. By the time I got it a corner was torn open and I had the grand total of 20 bullets left. He never replied to my e mailing him and the moderator of that site wouldn`t get involved. I agree with Throckmorton on taping a box like you`ll be playing football with it. I just want whomever I`m mailing something to gets it!Robert

Boolit Bub
    And now we see why flat rate shipping prices keep going up and up and up .

People the usps is not the welfare office ... when you ship flat rate you use one box or envelope and supply any other packing needs on your own .

It pays to go that extra step and secure the package. I am always surprised when I buy something and the seller doesnt bother to seal the package properly I wouldnt want to have to try and replace lost items if I was the seller.

Boolit Master

And you may have noticed that the flat rate boxes are now flimsier than they were 5-6 years ago.
    Still the best way to ship some stuff though, especially the regional boxes.

Boolit Master

I tell everybody that ships barrels and cylinders to ship in a sfrb TAPED UP GOOD on the outsides. There are those whos brain blanks out letters in CAPS methinks, as they ship them and they get here by the luck of ________ << fill in the blank.. I have had one guy send a Blackhawk cylinder in one of those cardboard flat rate envelopes, no padding, no tape, no nothing just steel in a thin cardboard sleeve, it was torn open, postman handed me the cylinder and the envelope separately, I'd say he got LUCKY!

Throckmorton I think I will shamelessly borrow your quote sir.. That's a good one, thank you!
    Got a .22 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throat reaming? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? Shoot me a PM! Also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cylinderhone-756429174391912/

Boolit Master
    It is not always the post offices fault. Most of the packages I have received had little to no damage at all. However, there were a few that were damaged pretty bad. I both pad and tape all my packages and try to make them as safe as possible. I do my best to try to make a package as "gorilla proof" as I know how. james

Boolit Master
    Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Swapped muzzleloaders with a guy who sent poor boy, bag of rb's, & hunting pouch in a box . Arrived with box open in corner. Rb's were rolling around and rear sight fell out on opening box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I reuse them as much as I can. I use used until I'm out. I do have a few I use for storage but that only a faction of what I have sent out.

Tape and pack till nothing moves.

Worst I ever had was a barrel blank I ordered. Got a nice empty (except for a receipt) flat rate box with a nice round 1.25" hole in it. No packaging, barely enough tape to close the box. Got most of my money back, but was out the money order fee and shipping costs both ways. I've also received bullets in a ziplock in a flat rate box. No issues as the shipper taped the heck out of the box and the Ziploc bag as well as put in padding at both ends.

Vendor Sponsor

The tyvek envelopes are great for bagging up small items. Also remember that 6 sfrb fit perfectly in a medium and 8 with 2 cut in half for a large. No wasted space
    My link for feedback, let me know if I can improve.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...5807-rmatchell

for anything prone to 'escaping' I wrap in plastic or bubble-wrap. then use plenty of tape on every seam of the box/lid even ones with the self-seal strips.

Boolit Master
    . This Item You have shown Is not an isolated Incident. I have had several Flat rate Boxes with finger size Holes Punch In. . Small Or large It has the same ear marks.. At First I got The feeling That there too Lazy to pick it Up. But Now I feel they want To see what's in It. To be nosey or To steal.
    I try never to ship USPS. For various Reasons , Lazy employee, Incompetent employee.. and Most of all No respect for your property.. It make No difference. They are broken On purpose
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    State Rifle and Pistol Association
    ARTCA
    Conceado Nulli

Boolit Master

If possible I cut a piece of heavy corragated card board and fold to fit inside wrapping around outside and reinforcing them the joint is dead center front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast