MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Tumble Lube Production

Tumble Lube Production

Ive gone to get all the ingredients to make the New TL that had Johnsons Liquid wax, Found its no longer made, Then went to try the substitute, Lundmark liquid paste wax... And found no one here stocks it... Mind you, Im going to have to drive 3 hours just to get some Lee Alox..

So are there any other Floor waxes? I can get Lundmark All wax, Lundmark Super Gloss, Lundmark Matchless 20 litre. And can anyone tell me where i can buy a 20 litre/5 gallon bucket of Lubrizol Alox 350?

Banned

you can get quarts from LS's stuff by scrolling down to the link.
    the shipping would probably be a killer though.
    I'd check the under body spray shops or the car rust proofer shops they spray alox.

5 gallons is like 47 lifetimes worth BTW.

It looks like the Link isn't in the post.
    LS Stuff makes and sells lubes, small outfit but good products by all accounts.

This page has the Alox which they call X-Lox to avoid getting into a legal tussle with Lee AND more importantly pre-mixed 45/45/10 which is pretty close to the Johnsons liquid wax formula, just made with the paste wax. I doubt they are melting cans of the paste wax to make it but probably using something generic with the same composition and in bulk.

http://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?m...5d5d77d43e072e

At less than $20 plus shipping for enough to lube bullets from now to doomsday it may well be a better option than buying the alox and mixing your own wax and alox concoction. But either way this is probably one of the better well known sources for this stuff.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Thanks to everyone that answered, But i live in Australia.... And posting those lubes here is a NO GO on both ends.. As for a 5 gallon bucket of Alox 350, i can legally import that without to much of a headache...

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Where in Oz are you?

The 45/45/10 is available from CBE

http://www.castbulletengineering.com...5-45-10-liquid

I have bought a .310 boolit mould CBE, it's a great mould. I am thnking of trying some of the 45/45/10 next time I order something.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

I thought CBE sold everything up and closed years ago...

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    I have heard that there is a "new" owner (the sale happened a while back, so not all that new). He has expanded into gaschecks, lubes, sizing dies and even cases. I have not bought from the new owner, but have not heard any bad comments from any who have. I do have a CBE mould for my Cadet from the original owner. I took a while to get that mould, but it was worth the wait. I don't think that there is anyone in the world that has a selection for the .310 Cadet, the .303 British or the 577/450 quite like CBE.

If you get the 45/45/10, let me know how the sale went. I have been meaning to get some of it for my .38spl wadcutter boolits. I have not been worried about dealing with the "new" owner, I have just been slack.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Banned

I remember the CBE changeover.
    it was [in my mind] around 2009? or thereabouts.
    I haven't heard anything negative, and they ain't really advertised.
    but it used to not be too difficult to get a good mold delivered from them to here in a pretty reasonable amount of time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
    Thanks to everyone that answered, But i live in Australia.... And posting those lubes here is a NO GO on both ends.. As for a 5 gallon bucket of Alox 350, i can legally import that without to much of a headache...
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    you can get quarts from LS's stuff by scrolling down to the link.
    the shipping would probably be a killer though.
    I'd check the under body spray shops or the car rust proofer shops they spray alox.

5 gallons is like 47 lifetimes worth BTW.
    Take it from someone else who knows, your great-great-great grandchildren would have more than they could ever use. Unless you are going to rustproof cars.

BTW, if you want to make tumble lube, the one to get is Alox 606-55 but if you want more flexibility, I guess that Alox 350 might work. I have heard of tumble lube being made from Alox 350, I just don't know the specifics.
    John
    W.TN

Ive bitten the bullet.... The guy who owns White Label lubes is great to deal with... So i have a life time supply of lube now on its way....
    10 lbs of Alox 350, 75 sticks for smokeless and 25 sticks for black powder...

Boolit Buddy
    David Commens, the new owner of CBE is a gentleman.
    He helped a total
    stranger- me- with odds and ends, advised me on casting, GC and alloys. Even threw in an extra stick of LBT blue when I ordered some stuff. His moulds are top stuff. I have 3 of them.
    Cheers
    "...Some days its rocket science, and some days it just zinc..."

please take this for what its worth. but this local guy who shoots nothing but hunting loads from his hunting guns uses any car wax ( with no grit stuff ) mixes it with alox and tumble lubes the semi paste.

his one gun is 2600 fps ( i think ) using lyman lead recipes.

it does look like hes shooting black powder sometimes... he jokes and said " plenty of lube on that one..."
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised