WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Roll Crimp tool

Boolit Master

Roll Crimp tool

I just ordered a $10 roll crimp tool part from Russia, aluminum construction. Has anyone else used one of these? I figured for the price-shipping included-I won't be hurt too bad. Beats the Lyman alternative-I missed one last week that went north of $50 as I recall. And Ballistic Products is sure proud of theirs. I will have to wait as much as 30 days for delivery.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Man
    I don't know about this roll crimping tool but if you want the best one buy this:
    http://www.siarm.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=306
    Believe me, I have tried almost any other available. It not only works for roll crimping but also for ironing out the lips of fold crimps so they feed flawless in every gun.

Boolit Grand Master

I only have experience with 3 roll crimpers. I have a 12 gauge double pin from BPI (not their standard version), I have a 12 gauge antique hand crank one with 3 pins, and I have a BPI standard roll crimper in 16 gauge. All three do the job absolutely fine, and the finished product looks great. The antique one actually works really well, but doesn't do well with 3" shells. I assume it was meant for paper shells, but plastic works well, and it doesn't take hardly any force at all to crimp. The 12 gauge double roll crimper works great on everything. I use a hand drill with one of those wood working guides, essentially making it a drill press. On gear 1, it turns slow enough, and does a good job. The 16 gauge 1 pin can be finicky. You can feel it go around, and if you are not careful, it will make a lopsided crimp. Done right, it still makes a perfect looking crimp like all the rest. The hull vice from BPI works well, although I think its a little over priced. I had a wood jig for years that worked fine, but the BPI vice is much faster. I can now roll crimp every bit as fast as star crimp.

Boolit Master

I have a cheepe one and the top end bpi one and you can tell the difference. the bpi is all I use now. you only cry once this way.

Boolit Master
    I use the bpi in 12 and 410 and I am happy with them , I tried to find a old seasoned one for a while but had no luck . I used a touch of never seize in them at first , but now I just spin them on some old hulls to get it warmed up before using . They are a little on the high side , but are decent quality and will last .

Boolit Man
    The roll crimper from Precision Reloading works very well , I have a crimper from BPI (have to rotate it counter clock wise) but for me the precision works much better.

Boolit Master
    Just roll up a 100 rounds to get the hang of it , then consider it paid for it self , after that your saving money .....

Boolit Master

I have the double pin bpi, it works very well.

Hello Everyone, this outfit in Italy makes one dedicated for rolling slugs. http://www.omv.it/bobine-orlatrici-incisori-stellari/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OBCoal View Post
    The roll crimper from Precision Reloading works very well , I have a crimper from BPI (have to rotate it counter clock wise) but for me the precision works much better.
    Precision gives a nice rounded roll whereas the BPI (at least the one I have) gives a kind of squarish crimp. Not as smooth feeding as the Precision.

Boolit Master

Ditto OB. $28, chucks in drill press, a 10 second operation. Starting plumb and correct pressure the key.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill