RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Looking for a custom hollow point mold to be made. Seeking recommendations

Boolit Buddy

Looking for a custom hollow point mold to be made. Seeking recommendations

first let me apologize. I would search but right now I'm restricted to browsing on my iPhone which is less then pleasing to say the least so sorry in advance
    I'm looking for someone who can make a mold of my design for a 10mm. I know of mp molds and noe but they don't have anything in stock and I've been checking Atleast once a week for the last few months. Mihec mentioned he may run a mold in hp option soon. Again I'm being impatient.
    I believe arsenal and accurate do custom molds but not in a hp configuration. Aside from the ones mentioned I'm at a lose.
    I'm looking for something around 200gn in a flat nose and ~180gn in hp configuration. I don't know what else needs to be known but if someone can point me in the direction of someone I can run some ideas by id be very grateful. Times like these I still wish I had my lathe.

Boolit Master
    Get Accurate to make what you want then send it here: http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

Boolit Master
    for that matter contact Erik directly at Hollowpoint mold .com, he does the Lee two cavity molds with his HP conversion for about $99 new!

this would be lee's 175 grain TC that winds up casting Two HP boolits at about 165 grains at a time.

Erik has done several mold projects for me and his workmanship has been top notch, turn around time very good as well!
    Last edited by HeavyMetal; 04-16-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Ditto on Erik. He modified a H&G #51 bb into a plain base mould for me and it works wonderfully. Can't tell he did anything to it the work is so good. It looks like factory. If it didn't say 51bb on the side you would never know.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Might also get on the NOE forum and launch a discussion to solicit interest in a re-launch of their 200 grn WFN. Looks like what you're after.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Might also get on the NOE forum and launch a discussion to solicit interest in a re-launch of their 200 grn WFN. Looks like what you're after.
    I would be in on the group buy

Boolit Bub
    Like they say Erik will do great work for you he's done two of my molds and they word great!

The Mihec 401-200 is exactly what you describe, 200gr as a wide flat nose, and either 180 or 190gr depending which hollow point pin you use, deep or shallow. The shallow pin is for 10mm and minimal expansion, and the deep is for 40 S&W and/or maximum expansion. This was an Oreo group buy a few years ago, you might find someone willing to sell theirs or maybe Mihec will do another run of them. It is a great mold.

You could order this design in a flat nose from Mountain Molds, and then have it hollow pointed. I have done that for people, but am really busy right now and couldn't get it done quickly, it would be at least 6-8 weeks.

This is the Mihec mold cast in air cooled wheelweight with the shallow pin. Short barrel 10mm result on the left, middle two are longslide 10mm results.

Another view, group of 5 in the lower left.

If you search the group buy section, you might be able to find the thread. This is from that thread as we were discussing the design, some of the dimensions changed (especially the hollow point, for the better) but you get the idea:

Boolit Buddy
    I'm slightly envious. That's exactly what I want. I may have to learn patience on finding a
    mold I like.

Quote Originally Posted by yondering View Post
    The Mihec 401-200 is exactly what you describe, 200gr as a wide flat nose, and either 180 or 190gr depending which hollow point pin you use, deep or shallow. The shallow pin is for 10mm and minimal expansion, and the deep is for 40 S&W and/or maximum expansion. This was an Oreo group buy a few years ago, you might find someone willing to sell theirs or maybe Mihec will do another run of them. It is a great mold.

You could order this design in a flat nose from Mountain Molds, and then have it hollow pointed. I have done that for people, but am really busy right now and couldn't get it done quickly, it would be at least 6-8 weeks.

This is the Mihec mold cast in air cooled wheelweight with the shallow pin. Short barrel 10mm result on the left, middle two are longslide 10mm results.

Another view, group of 5 in the lower left.

If you search the group buy section, you might be able to find the thread. This is from that thread as we were discussing the design, some of the dimensions changed (especially the hollow point, for the better) but you get the idea:

Boolit Buddy
    I also agree about Mr Ohlen he is working on a third mold for me . Great work excellent service .

Boolit Grand Master

Mom always taught us that patience was a virtue. I didn't exactly know what a virtue was back then but I guess it was something good. I do know that if you kept pestering her about getting something , right then and there, you usually got a whipping , right then and there and didn't get whatever it was you wanted. So I guess having patience is a good thing.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"