Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Looking for a .41 wadcutter?

Boolit Master

Looking for a .41 wadcutter?

I'd like to find a a .41 wadcutter mold. DEWC or button nose, prefer DEWC. Does anyone still make such a mold? I want one to shoot paper with my Redhawk and some hard cast for my S&W 58 that is a hiking carry gun. I think the defense potential of a full wad cutter is way under estimated.

What would really be nice is to find something extra heavy like a "pin buster" bullet..

Banned

Boolit Buddy

Did you look at LBT?

Moderator Emeritus

There isn't many 41 WC molds out there, I opted for an Accurate Button Nose design, that was already in Accurate's catalog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

Tom's button nose is a semi close copy of the Lyman boolit.

I'm too lazy to go look at the number on the side of my mold right now but it's basically a blown up 358091

the one I show is a pin buster mold, it's reversible, and can be gas checked.

Boolit Master
    Who makes the pin buster mold?

Banned

it's also an Accurate design.

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy
    Nice mold & ruger JonB.

I found my lee 410-208wc mold on eBay... but I haven't seen another since.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1388.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	193068

Boolit Master
    there is one listed now on feebay

Boolit Grand Master

NOE 413 - 215 - WC - PB , nice 41 wadcutter , 215 grain can be had with hollow point options, Just checked the NOE store and they are all in stock ready to ship if you want one.
    I ordered one, have been fondling it , after newness wears off I might mess it up casting with it.
    This design in 38/357 ( the discontinued Lyman #358432 - 160 grain) is a tack driver, I've seen them refered to as a type III wadcutter design, I'm not sure what that is but in 38 in the 160 grain weight it's more accurate than a normal 148 WC. With a hollow point this would be a heck of a " man stopper"
    This mould will be used for the Model 58 in my avatar. Two model 58 owners....we have a MODEL 58 CLUB !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 04-12-2017 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Man
    I have two. One is a hollow base and the other I small round button nose. Both are Lyman moulds. Might be interested in selling them once I find them and get the numbers off them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by too many things View Post
    there is one listed now on feebay
    Someone must have grabbed it or I just couldn't find it.. )-:]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    NOE 413 - 215 - WC - PB , nice 41 wadcutter , 215 grain can be had with hollow point options, Just checked the NOE store and they are all in stock ready to ship if you want one.
    I ordered one, have been fondling it , after newness wears off I might mess it up casting with it.
    This design in 38/357 ( the discontinued Lyman #358432 - 160 grain) is a tack driver, I've seen them refered to as a type III wadcutter design, I'm not sure what that is but in 38 in the 160 grain weight it's more accurate than a normal 148 WC. With a hollow point this would be a heck of a " man stopper"
    This mould will be used for the Model 58 in my avatar. Two model 58 owners....we have a MODEL 58 CLUB !
    Gary
    We could never get anything done in this club. We need a third!
    Really like the model 58. Have had a few 57s come and go but just won't get rid of the 58. It'a tool..

Boolit Bub
    G'day from Downunder .

G'day Mate , I have a 5 cavity Lee full waddcutter mold if you still need one I have never used it I think it is new or as good as , if you need it contact me at paulbertram@live.com.au

Regards Paul .

P.S. I have an RCBS semi waddcutter as well that is set up for a magnacaster but has a manual sprue plate setup by tom at accurate on it now.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by arlon View Post
    We could never get anything done in this club. We need a third!
    Really like the model 58. Have had a few 57s come and go but just won't get rid of the 58. It'a tool..
    LIKE....why don't we have a like button ?

I agree about the model 58, just something about it that is just right , it's my pet big bore.
    I jokingly told my wife that when I pass , tuck it in the box with me because I am taking it with me ! The Good Lord is probably a revolver man too !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    LIKE....why don't we have a like button ?

I agree about the model 58, just something about it that is just right , it's my pet big bore.
    I jokingly told my wife that when I pass , tuck it in the box with me because I am taking it with me ! The Good Lord is probably a revolver man too !
    Gary
    Two of my favorite S&W revolvers are the 58 and 13.. They are both surprisingly accurate. I'm just a fan of the fixed sight guns for some dumb reason. Have a few 1917s and MPs to go with them but the 58 is still at the top of the list. If I could ever only have one revolver, it might boil down to the 58. It may well be the best tool in the shed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    G'day from Downunder .

G'day Mate , I have a 5 cavity Lee full waddcutter mold if you still need one I have never used it I think it is new or as good as , if you need it contact me at paulbertram@live.com.au

Regards Paul .

P.S. I have an RCBS semi waddcutter as well that is set up for a magnacaster but has a manual sprue plate setup by tom at accurate on it now.
    Email sent!