MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Remington Rolling Block rifles

Boolit Buddy

Remington Rolling Block rifles

I currently have 2 43 Egyptian Remington rolling block rifles, dies and some ammo that I have made from 50 cal. Sharps brass. I am trying to see if there is an interest from anyone in buying these from me. I also have a Remington rolling block in 7mm mauser. I believe the 43's are #1 and the 7mm is a #5. I know the 43's are black powder only and the 7mm is capable of loading commercial powder. I also have brass, dies and bullets for this rifle.
    I have shot all three rifles and they shoot ok, I just never worked with them long enough to improve anything.

I have somewhat of an idea what these are worth, but not publishing a price right now, I had rather see the interest first. I have 2 full sets of dies and shellholders for the 43 Egyptians. One of the sets of dies, I used to load and form the cases. The other set of dies have never been set up or used. I was going to give one to my brother-in-law and a rifle, but I changed my mind.

Boolit Master

Well, maybe you should include your location on your profile and maybe someone locally will take you up on it.

I don't suspect that trying to get around the rules on post count / time on the forum will work out nicely for you.

Boolit Buddy

From Florida originally, but these days it's wherever my RV is parked
    Most people don't want to deal with someone who does not have a post count history and is not local.
    Home is where the RV is...

"assassinating a leader is morally justified when people have suffered under a tyrant for an extended period of time and has exhausted all legal and peaceful means to overthrow that leader" -- Abraham Lincoln
    Kind of ironic, don't ya' think?

Banned

you guy's got this covered..
    I'm gonna go read some threads now.

R5R-my thoughts exactly!
    NRA Benefactor Member

Cast Boolits Owner

Most who do this sort of thing are trying to skirt the rules. This one has received a perma-ban for his attempt.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Oh well... With a single post to his name before getting banned, does that make him a "one hit wonder"?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by shafer44 View Post
    I currently have 2 43 Egyptian Remington rolling block rifles, dies and some ammo that I have made from 50 cal. Sharps brass. I am trying to see if there is an interest from anyone in buying these from me. I also have a Remington rolling block in 7mm mauser. I believe the 43's are #1 and the 7mm is a #5. I know the 43's are black powder only and the 7mm is capable of loading commercial powder. I also have brass, dies and bullets for this rifle.
    I have shot all three rifles and they shoot ok, I just never worked with them long enough to improve anything.

I have somewhat of an idea what these are worth, but not publishing a price right now, I had rather see the interest first. I have 2 full sets of dies and shellholders for the 43 Egyptians. One of the sets of dies, I used to load and form the cases. The other set of dies have never been set up or used. I was going to give one to my brother-in-law and a rifle, but I changed my mind.
    Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCA View Post
    Where are you located

He's not located. Did you notice he's banned for this post?

Boolit Mold
    I see first time on here sorry

Boolit Master

Does a ban go to a name that can keep getting changed or IP address?
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    Does a ban go to a name that can keep getting changed or IP address?
    When I had a forum set up, I would ban IP address ranges of spammers as I encountered them. They were usually in Russia or Nigeria and I guess theoretically I might have banned some good people in the process, but I doubt it. I suspect that most forums just ban a name (which has an email address associated with it). To come in under a new name, they need a new email address. Not exactly that difficult to do. IP addresses can change also even if you do not do anything on your part to cause that to happen. I seem to remember an option on my DSL modem configuration page to have it request a new IP address and of course, there are services out there that provide IP addresses for you so that your real IP address does not show up.

I ban IP addresses daily on a car forum I moderate. Always because of spammers selling jewelry, appliances, etc. They have so many IP addresses, and names they simply come back in a day or two to repeat the same spam. It gets tiring, as they never seem to get tired!