Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AR in PA

Boolit Master

The AR in PA

(Please move if this category is not appropriate for this subject.)
    Does anyone know what the PA Game Commission is considering as far as hunting with an AR in PA?
    Will we be allowed to use these rifles this coming fall hunting season?
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Buddy
    If I got the information right only semi .22 and shotguns are permitted for small game. No semi for large game.

Banned

I also heard no semi's for big game. I never seen the reason from hearing a bolt gun shoot so fast and so many shots anyway. Spray and pray can be done with any gun.

Boolit Grand Master

When I shot NRA High power with the match rifle 9 pre 64model 70 set up for stripper clips) I could fire 10 rounds with a reload in 1 minute. Bolt actions arnt slow if you know how to work them.

Boolit Grand Master

Big game, small game and furbearers. Five round magazine w/ a total of six shots allowed. I don't believe it's been implemented yet.

Boolit Master
    the Fudd is strong in Penna

Boolit Mold
    No big game, to many people fear for their lives if the crazy AR radicals come into the woods. It's BS

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

The AR in PA

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    the Fudd is strong in Penna
    Not at all. There are a lot of old laws here. And when people move here from other states they want them changed. People sure don't want this happening in their state. But it's okay when it happens where they don't live. I realize there are many native hunters that want the rules changed so I'm not singling out transplants.

I've stated my position on this rule change before. And my position has to do w/ where I live and hunt. I have a strong feeling that some of the counties I hunt in will be switching to shotgun only because of this rule change. Some are already shotgun only so it would be a matter of this area expanding. For the vast majority of the state it will have only positive effects for hunters. I hope I'm wrong and counties don't change.

Boolit Master
    yes the fudd is strong. and the pa game commission is corrupt. they have a flintlock only season. then have an early season that allows inlines. they have a bow season that they claim is primitive but allow crossbows with scopes.

then when the deer season comes in. it seams to bring out the a$$hat in a lot of people. like riding around in a van with the wife driving and the side door open trying to get a road shot. or the other good one. did you see anything? no but I got some sound shoots off.

I always said to get hunting license you should have to qualify with the rifle you are going to use. no matter what type it is.

I honestly don't care either way. The guys and gals that know how to hunt and shoot are still gonna be good at both no matter what the weapon . For me personally I have no need for a semi anything when hunting I've never had an issue getting the rare second shot off if needed with a bolt or pump action . But if someone has an AR 10 or whatever and wants to use it in deer season or a ruger 10/22 for squirels I'm fine with that too . So to each their own the way it should be .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    yes the fudd is strong. and the pa game commission is corrupt. they have a flintlock only season. then have an early season that allows inlines. they have a bow season that they claim is primitive but allow crossbows with scopes.
    All of that stuff is written in the rules. I've never heard anyone claim the archery season was primitive. If that's the case then they shouldn't allow compound bows either. The muzzle loader and flintlock seasons are at different times of the year. Like I said, all of that is written in the rules.

The other stuff you talk about happens in every state. It's not just limited to PA. I've heard the corruption thing time after time. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I honestly don't know but I hear complaints about the game commissions in every other state as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post

then when the deer season comes in. it seams to bring out the a$$hat in a lot of people. like riding around in a van with the wife driving and the side door open trying to get a road shot. or the other good one. did you see anything? no but I got some sound shoots off.
    you mean you have to wait till hunting season to see stupid stuff like that were your at ! Lol
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Banned

Need only one shot no matter. I put in many years hunting PA with a flinter and never came home empty handed.
    I remember the time the compound bow came out and PA law said a bow had to be unstrung after hunting hours or in the car. Just how would you do that? Took time to get straight. The compound was legal but they thought you could take the string off.
    I applied for a doe tag every year and from Ohio, never would be. I found hunting clubs bought all and destroyed them so does would not be killed. They sure did not want out of state hunters to get a doe. Buck season was a farce, see 80 does in a herd but not a horn. I gave up on going back. Some *** at a table set rules, never was in the woods. Just listened to stupid.

Boolit Grand Master

Doe tags are over the counter here. Never have a problem getting them for ones that require app to be sent in. Residents should come before out of state hunters. That's why residents are allowed to apply for them first. I expect the same when I hunt in other states. Some entity buying them up is a rumor that persists to this day. The current one you hear is that PETA is buying them up.

Herds are area dependent. They are thin in some areas and then you have where I live. They're all over and are a big hazard when driving. I do see far more does then bucks but that's to be expected. The herds have changed massively over the years so what you experienced isn't how it is now.

Big pa hunter here from ducks to bucks iv seen guys with 30/30 lever / pump shoot faster than an semi and never hit a deer . Iv also seen guys with 30/30 lever / pump empty there mag and never fire a shot

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Never hunted in PA. But used to go to WY for years.

One member of our group used to go wiith a Single Shot Winchester High Wall, and one bullet.

Always got his own Buck.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Here is what I understand from the 3-29-17 meeting yes to semi for a trial period only for groundhogs, squirrels and coyotes.

Not sure what sizes. Looking like 17-to 224. I guess they the State and PGC are following what the survey that the PGC sent of and got 2000 of the replies average was against using semi's for hunting.

Nothing on waterfowl.
    Last edited by Teddy (punchie); 04-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Pennsylvania has the most backward idiotic hunting laws in the country, period.

Boolit Grand Master

The AR in PA

No point in going down that road.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 04-09-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Boolit Master
    caster I agree. but we have a farm in the middle of apple country. so I hunt on my farm and don't have to worry much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast