Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingADvertise here
Inline FabricationRepackboxWideners

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: Buckshot mold

  1. #21

  2. #22
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15
    i just orderd this in 8 and 10mm
    8mm is 0.314
    ill get back with review when they arrive
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 01-03-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: removed ebay link

  3. #23
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Found this older thread while doing a search for a #2 buckshot mold my my intended use is for a 25 caliber Nitro Piston air rifle . I have been casting From a Lee #4 buckshot mold and made dies to swage them into a pellet , that pellet is 20 grains and shoots well from my gun . I have a plain base and hollow base punch the plain base shoots best even better then the three weights of factory pellets I bought.
    My thought is with a groove depth of .258 on the rifle a .27" ball will take the rifling well I expect 800 fps from this ball weight.

    I really REALLY like the #4 buckshot in 12 gauge the 27 pellet load is used for pests it has worked well from large raccoons and smaller I have yet to catch a coyote with a load . My old Stevens model 315 double has very tight patterns i have flattened possums past 50 yards with the load while a 20 yard shot really tears them up!
    Just two months ago I started load 18 pellets for my (my grandfathers) old Ithaca model 37 I carry a few while grouse hunting for coyotes have yet to use one on anything except a pattern board.

    Back on topic This morning I found this link for a guy in Minnesota making about any size ball molds!
    $90 for them @ https://www.martysarms.com/ Do not buy from him something is wrong with how he runs orders or he is a fraud not sure which I had to cancel order as nothing was being sent and he will not respond.
    In a later thread that I started after this one, I posted about Marty's arms. He is not a fraud. I currently only own a 000 buck mold from him. It is a great casting mold once you learn the technique. I found it likes to be plenty hot, then pour into each individual hole in one continuous pass. The mold has two cavities connected by a trough, but i found if you don't pour directly over the hole, you will not get a filled out mold.

    I am very happy with the mold, I'll be buying more.

  4. #24
    Boolit Master

    firefly1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Harrison Michigan
    Posts
    2,060
    I had a member above state Marty tends to be slow on orders the company that does his billing has fined him $45 for this transaction result and his piss poor email to me without ever responding to my contact attempts it seems he is real enough but has a habit of not filling orders. they are also reviewing whether to keep him at all as a store.
    I can tell you if he responded saying he needed more time I would have waited it was nonresponse that triggered inquiry .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

  5. #25
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    That's understandable, I hate the feeling that they took your money with no response. I don't know when I ordered mine, but it was shipped rather quick as I recall. I also asked in the past about custom sizes, and did get a response.

  6. #26
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Maybe you guys are onto something. I sent a message through his website last week. I then sent a second one, then a third with a different email address. No response. Today I sent a message by Ebay, and got a response in about an hour.

    It turns out his listed sizes are the size of the mold cavity, if anyone is interested. My 000 buck mold is great. I just ordered a .740, hoping to drop a .737"-.738" ball. We will see how he does on a large size.

  7. #27
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Ok, I got in contact with Marty, and indeed there was a problem with his website. He should have it figured out now.

  8. #28
    Boolit Master

    firefly1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Harrison Michigan
    Posts
    2,060
    I hope so he will not stay in business the way things were He never replied to my last message responding to his message .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

  9. #29
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    It was a tech problem, it happens. Use this email to get a quick response. martin@ringinator.com

  10. #30
    Boolit Master

    firefly1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Harrison Michigan
    Posts
    2,060
    To late now for my buying from him if he had not called me names in a email that would be a different thing altogether. It was actually Shopify that had enough of him not responding to customers and refunded my account same day credit card company would have waited 5 business days. Shopify Fined him $45 plus he had to double pay shipping as mold was here in my town when he recalled it .
    Frankly I was wondering if he just did not want to take the black Friday sale price of $84.?? delivered ?
    Shame to as I have read good about his molds .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

  11. #31
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Purchased marty arms mold online a lil pricey but great mold once I figured it out. Shipped direct to canada no issues.

  12. #32
    You placed an order Dec 4th, during the busiest time of the year. An order for a custom sized mold that had to be custom made. As it says so on the website, some molds take longer to make/ship than others. I am a one man shop and everything is handcrafted from scratch. Molds are not my only product.

    Once you placed your order I never received a single additional message from you. The only message I received was from shopify, the company that hosts my webstore, stating that you had called your bank and filed a chargeback dispute. What especially annoyed me, was that you did that AFTER you received the tracking/shipping information that was emailed and texted to you.

    I dropped off the box Dec 22 at the post office, along with a bunch of other orders; I get an email the 26th that a chargeback has been filed. Exactly what a scammer would do. That right there is a giant red flag when it comes to fraudsters and fake orders.

    For those of you that have never sold anything before, a chargeback is when the bank voids a sale on behalf of a customer complaint. Usually because the card has been stolen and used fraudulently.
    When they do that, they charge the merchant a non-refundable fee, usually $45. As the merchant I am stuck paying that no matter what. Whether the dispute is in my favor or not.

    So I got scammed, whatever. Online business is like that. It's not a question of if, but when.

    I got lucky though, its xmas and the post office is running slow. So it took longer than the normal 2 days to deliver the box.

    For a $15 fee, the post office can stop a package in transit and ship it back to the sender.
    https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm

    So I did just that!

    I am not going to be scammed, lose out the money of the sale, the chargeback fee, the postage, AND give you a free mold. Ha!

    So I did a redirect and had it returned to me. (Now I'm out a total of $45 + $15 + $7.50 postage + $7.50 return postage = $75.)

    You, (or the card you used), received a full refund, just as you asked your bank, and that was the end of it.

    Or so I thought. Now I run across this post and see YOU are calling ME the scammer?!?

    When it was YOU that behaved in the most scammy of ways!

    Regrettably, after a year of me making these, and 150+ happy mold customers, you have the displeasure of being my first negative transaction. :/

  13. #33
    Boolit Master
    Mr Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    561
    Good answer Marty! It helps to hear the other side of the story.

  14. #34
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Martys Arms View Post
    You placed an order Dec 4th, during the busiest time of the year. An order for a custom sized mold that had to be custom made. As it says so on the website, some molds take longer to make/ship than others. I am a one man shop and everything is handcrafted from scratch. Molds are not my only product.

    Once you placed your order I never received a single additional message from you. The only message I received was from shopify, the company that hosts my webstore, stating that you had called your bank and filed a chargeback dispute. What especially annoyed me, was that you did that AFTER you received the tracking/shipping information that was emailed and texted to you.

    I dropped off the box Dec 22 at the post office, along with a bunch of other orders; I get an email the 26th that a chargeback has been filed. Exactly what a scammer would do. That right there is a giant red flag when it comes to fraudsters and fake orders.

    For those of you that have never sold anything before, a chargeback is when the bank voids a sale on behalf of a customer complaint. Usually because the card has been stolen and used fraudulently.
    When they do that, they charge the merchant a non-refundable fee, usually $45. As the merchant I am stuck paying that no matter what. Whether the dispute is in my favor or not.

    So I got scammed, whatever. Online business is like that. It's not a question of if, but when.

    I got lucky though, its xmas and the post office is running slow. So it took longer than the normal 2 days to deliver the box.

    For a $15 fee, the post office can stop a package in transit and ship it back to the sender.
    https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm

    So I did just that!

    I am not going to be scammed, lose out the money of the sale, the chargeback fee, the postage, AND give you a free mold. Ha!

    So I did a redirect and had it returned to me. (Now I'm out a total of $45 + $15 + $7.50 postage + $7.50 return postage = $75.)

    You, (or the card you used), received a full refund, just as you asked your bank, and that was the end of it.

    Or so I thought. Now I run across this post and see YOU are calling ME the scammer?!?

    When it was YOU that behaved in the most scammy of ways!

    Regrettably, after a year of me making these, and 150+ happy mold customers, you have the displeasure of being my first negative transaction. :/
    I hope you stick around, I'm quite happy with my mold. Soon to have two, I ordered a .740" a few weeks ago. I'm also thinking of adding a .180" to cast bismuth shot too.

    This is just a suggestion, but it may be better to make your molds so that they drop close to the listed size, within reason of course. I have a few ball molds from JT molds, which are also built to your specified cavity size. It seems most molds drop a ball .002"-.004" smaller than the cavity. It's not a big deal, but my .360" 000 buck mold drops about .356". The only place anyone would care is if they were trying to use these in gallery level 38 special or 357 magnum loads, and expect a .360" or so ball. Some more examples are from JT molds. My .632" cavity mold drops a .628" ball. My .735" cavity drops about a .733" ball. My .782" drops a .779" ball. These are all with clip on wheel weight alloy.

    It's not a huge deal at all, but if your 000 buck for example mold had .363" cavities, it might save some headache later. Make this clear in the custom order options. You make a very nice looking mold that works well.

  15. #35
    Boolit Master

    firefly1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Harrison Michigan
    Posts
    2,060
    Marty has not told the truth here as stated above I tried contacting him 4 times he never responded at all so i contacted Shopify on Saturday they told me that to get the correct vendor I needed to file complaint with credit card . On Sunday I got an email that Marty had printed shipping label It was Tuesday before it shipped but it was Monday he did send nasty note . My credit card company put a 5 day review on the charge Shopify from there own words said they refunded my account as I was not the first to complain?
    I had no knowledge I was refunded for over a week as I told Marty in response to his second email I would have sent him a check if mold was delivered I had not seen the refund yet at that time .
    It was indeed Marty that did not keep up communication that caused the issue and he is lying about me being first unsatisfied customer I have talked to others now.
    My guess is this is a side business probably done on equipment where he works and he let things go to long.

    Shame Because I really would like the mold but being called a scammer because of a persons incompetence is not a good way to treat a customer or to stay in business.

    P.S. if you look in prior posts you can clearly see I was not the only one having trouble getting a hold of Marty and his continued untruths do not make things better .
    Last edited by firefly1957; 02-03-2020 at 09:02 AM. Reason: P.S.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

  16. #36
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Marty has not told the truth here as stated above I tried contacting him 4 times he never responded at all so i contacted Shopify on Saturday they told me that to get the correct vendor I needed to file complaint with credit card . On Sunday I got an email that Marty had printed shipping label It was Tuesday before it shipped but it was Monday he did send nasty note . My credit card company put a 5 day review on the charge Shopify from there own words said they refunded my account as I was not the first to complain?
    I had no knowledge I was refunded for over a week as I told Marty in response to his second email I would have sent him a check if mold was delivered I had not seen the refund yet at that time .
    It was indeed Marty that did not keep up communication that caused the issue and he is lying about me being first unsatisfied customer I have talked to others now.
    My guess is this is a side business probably done on equipment where he works and he let things go to long.

    Shame Because I really would like the mold but being called a scammer because of a persons incompetence is not a good way to treat a customer or to stay in business.

    P.S. if you look in prior posts you can clearly see I was not the only one having trouble getting a hold of Marty and his continued untruths do not make things better .
    Here's the thing I can't figure out. You placed an order on the 4th, and presumably before the 21st you were already disputing with the credit card company. I can understand the lack of email, we did figure out he had a technical problem with his website. You said "I had a member above state Marty tends to be slow on orders." I went through the thread again. Nobody besides you is reporting a problem. On top of that, you ordered a custom mold. Why would you possibly think it would be done in less than 2 weeks during the Christmas holiday?

  17. #37
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    On December 4th 2019 I ordered from Marty website say it should be a week after 18 days I start trying to contact him no reply so I call Shopify who took the money from my credit card minutes after I ordered . They suggested I let my credit card know there was a issue next day on Sunday Marty prints a shipping label (I get email alert ) then takes package to post office on Tuesday ? My Credit card company gave 5 days for such things to be straightened out however because of past issues they canceled the order before he even printed the label! I do not know if the issue is Marty or Shopify at this point but Shopify is doing an investigation on why I could not get an answer to 4 attempts to contact them about the order. HE did put something in the mail but recalled it I know a small business can be a pain but ignoring orders is a good way to go out of business!
    Well now I know YOU are the problem. 18 days after the 4th is the 22nd. So you just said yourself that you canceled payment before you even tried to contact Marty.

  18. #38
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    I just received my .740" mold from Marty's arms. It is exactly one month from the order date for a custom mold. It's a beautiful mold, just like my 000 buck.

  19. #39
    Boolit Master



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tropical southern vermont
    Posts
    2,422
    Let us know what diameter it casts at with your alloy - I hope it's right at .740 or better
    Being human is not for sissies.

  20. #40
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Let us know what diameter it casts at with your alloy - I hope it's right at .740 or better
    Marty has said that the listed sizes are the CAVITY sizes of his molds. I bought this with the hope that it should cast around .737" with clip on wheel weight alloy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check