Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Need help with old Redfield scope

Need help with old Redfield scope

Unsure where to put this, so I stuck it here with the most traffic. Move if needed.

I bought a Contender barrel that came with an old Redfield 2x6 power handgun scope. The unit is good but has a speck or two in the view.

When I look through it at 2x power, the crosshairs are fine. When I dial up the power, the cross hairs go blurry. At 6x, I cannot even make them out. All the while, the field of view is clear. I tried turning the end piece to adjust but no luck. The farther I turned it out the worse it became, the more I turned it in it became better- but stopped on the main with no more adjustment.

Send it to ironsight in Oklahoma for a $100 refurb?

If these are the same folks I have tried to deal with in the past, out of Tulsa, they would never answer letters, emails or a phone messages left. I figured if they would not talk about work I wanted done they sure would not be much help on a problem later. I went to Tulsa for about 15 years and asked about them, at that time, it was reported as a one guy operation and he was 6 months to a year behind and did not care if he responded or not. I would suggest you be careful if you intend to just send the scope without talking to anyone.

I would not do business with the bunch out of Miami, they quoted me one price, doubled it after having my scope, an additional cleaning charge they said, then refused to return the un-repaired and un-cleaned scope to me. Unfortunately for them, I live in FL and asked if they wanted me to swear out a warrant for theft against them. They sent it back.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Good to hear. You must have good customer service and communications no matter how good of product you do.