WidenersLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SOCIAL SECRRITY ! (Rant !)

Banned

I was lucky. I applied and got it in 3 months without a lawyer. But then I had 5 back operations in the previous 2 years so it was probably pretty cut and dried

Moderator Emeritus

I've been on SS for a few years now, and yeah, it's OK until you have a question or problem. Then, it's like pulling teeth! I guess they figure we've got plenty of time on our hands since we're not working any more, at least officially and for wages? I also think they'd have a LOT better response times if they thought there were enough of us to form a "voting block," too?!???

Yep. It really IS true: "If someone ever says, 'Hi, I'm from the gov't and I'm here to help you,' run for your life!!!!" And as Sonny and Cher sang so long ago now, "The Beat Goes On."

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I've been on SS for a few years now, and yeah, it's OK until you have a question or problem. Then, it's like pulling teeth! I guess they figure we've got plenty of time on our hands since we're not working any more, at least officially and for wages? I also think they'd have a LOT better response times if they thought there were enough of us to form a "voting block," too?!???

Yep. It really IS true: "If someone ever says, 'Hi, I'm from the gov't and I'm here to help you,' run for your life!!!!" And as Sonny and Cher sang so long ago now, "The Beat Goes On."
    There has been a large voting block of SS recipients, for years...democrats have used them against Republican's forever...i.e. "They're gonna cut your SS."

Boolit Master
    SS is a giant ponzi scheme. It works out great while the people paying into the system can support the recipients. Once the money going out exceeds the amount coming in the pyramid scheme will come crashing down. The SS trust fund is nothing more than IOU's from the Dept. of Defense, Dept of Education, Etc. How is the government going to raise money to pay back these IOU's? The only way is to raise taxes...

You guys are not up to the best part yet...... Your monthly payments increase every year, as you pay more into your SS account, when you are making money by still working, that is fair right, that is until you reach 70 1/2 then you get that monthly payment amount forever and no increase. But guess what.....you still have to pay SS taxes, without any additional benefit to you, because you continue to pay social security taxes on your working income. Is this a wonderful country, run by a bunch of ash bags or what...... I own the company, so I pay both sides of SS plus my own retirement, which I now have to start taking....... and paying taxes on, including you know what.... So how many ways can you be screwed, let me count the ways.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Banned

my work retirement is locked at the same level for life but ive gotten raises in my ss. Granted probably not enough to cover cost of living increases but it isn't locked at a set level for life.

Boolit Master
    I started my S.S. the last of December. I can't work because of various conditions, and I'm not old enough yet for Medicare. It didn't take any time to get my benefits started because I was getting partial benefits from my late wife's S.S..
    However​, I am applying for disability. That process seemingly is taking forty forevers. With stage 3 cancer, afib, epilepsy and a few other inconvenient problems one would think there wouldn't be a problem. But it IS a government agency.......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    My SSDI was backdated 3 years, during which I made $ with Excel Telecommunications. In '15 they came after me for "working " in 1996! They threw away all my paperwork, shuffled my case, lied about me, and applied rotational torque to my southern region. They took 6 months income cold turkey !!! This same outfit argued with me for 10 minutes that I was wrong about my daughters birthday and they needed to continue paying her for 4 more years! I was such a rotten thief that I wanted them to stop paying her check!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123