RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is no such thing as a free gun!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I've got guns that just went into the pile and never been taken out.
    I resemble this remark. after all if you have 20 mausers and you shoot one have you shot them all in spirt?

Boolit Buddy
    Even giving a gun away cost me. Gave my daughter a 357 combat masterpiece. Had to get her a holster and load up a few hundred self defense rounds, plus the practice rounds. Not only the money but the time invested. I still love her.

Banned

There is only one thing free, it is information between us.

Then there are the 'free' ones offered (lottery?) by the gun industry.
    Whatever!

Set them up on a blind date with your ex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Great Uncle Allen always said that if you really hated someone and wanted to get even with them give them an old car.

44man nailed it.

Not only free, but priceless!

In Remembrance

A friend of mine, YES I do still have a friend, gave me a gun for free once to try to repay me for all the gunsmithing/reloading I had done for him.. It turned out to be a 99 Savage take down model in .300 Sav. caliber that was the Michigan deer rifle for the original radio Lone Ranger Brace Breemer! I cleaned it up test fired it several times then cleaned it again and into the safe it went. This same friend once attended a wild game dinner. He won a Hornady `Lock & Load` press outfit with 2 sets of carbide pistol dies, did I mention that he doesn`t know how to reload? He sold me the whole outfit for $100.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Friend gave me a 1957 Remington 40X... CMP bbld action. After cutting and crowning, adding a speed lock (PTG striker), carbon fiber stock, Weaver T24 with mounts and rings, and a Jewell trigger I had a $1200 free 22lr. But it's REALLY nice.

When I bought my first handgun the shop owner told me "Buying the gun is the cheap part."

He wasn't liein'...

Boolit Grand Master

Buying that first one was the start that ruined me. 60 some years later I can't stop.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 10-x View Post
    Free boat is hands down the worst. Boat= hole in the water you throw $$$$$$$ in. Happiest days of boat owner is the day bought and day sold. Have only owned a canoe but all friends here have , had boats. Wailing, nashing of teeth and many unpostable words!
    I beg to differ I have owned boats as soon as could buy the first one will never be without at least one, most days I would rather be on the water than on land.
    I may be the exception to the rule but I love my boats and Fishing as much as I love guns and shooting.
    Tony

Boolit Grand Master
    Somewhat Off topic but my Uncle was a Newscaster in 1959 at WXYZ and I got to meet "The Lone Ranger." I was very disappointed when a tall, some what, rumpled fellow in a dark shirt and a "Mr. Rogers" sweater was introduced to me as the voice of the Lone Ranger. I expected powder blue western attire, a mask and a pair of six guns. But I was impressed when he said, "hello, young fellow." THAT was more like it. My Uncle introduced him to my father, who I think was more impressed than I was.
    Mr. Beemer lived up in Oakland county until his death in the mid 60's. Hardcast, I envy you your bit of memorobilia
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12