WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: White labels' comercial 160 vs Thompsons Blu Angel

Boolit Buddy

White labels' comercial 160 vs Thompsons Blu Angel

I've been using White Label Lubes comercial 160 for the last years with great results. It's a bit harder than the Carnuba Red. That again is a bit softer than Magmas lube.

I sell a lot of 38 boolits for target use. In other words, slow moving 38s. I see that Thompsons Blue angel get a lot of praise. I'm curious to try it because of the good priced sticks for the Lubemaster.

Anyone with experience with both lubes. I want one lube that would work for slow moving target rounds to magnum handgun and 45-70 rifle boolits.

Thanks

Banner Sponsor

We do have a new lube. " Carnauba Blue "
    It is softer than Carnauba Red, but is less tacky, and it will work without a heater down to 65 F.
    I have tried it in a wide range of cartridges, 9mm 45 Colt, mild and hot, 454, 480 mild and hot, 500 S&W, 30-30, 30-06 to 2850fps, 405 Win. I have not seen leading in any of them. You can also Pan Lube with it.
    It is softer, so I'm not sure how it would hold up to commercial production. If you'd like to try some, just let me know.

Glenn.

Boolit Buddy
    Glenn, I'm actually looking for lube that's a bit harder than the 160. Maybe 190 would do it, or does that lube work best at high velocity rounds? What I'm lioking for is a "Jack of all trades". Maybe I'm better of sticking to the comercial 160 lube. It has performed great.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I am using both the Blue Angel and the 190 in my Star for the last year or so. I just load in whatever I grab out of my drawer o' lube and they act very much the same as far as heating time and required pressure on both reservoir and pump. I also load and cast from 9mm to 45/70 and in between and have had great luck with no leading problems and acceptable smoke. I have used the 190 on 300 AAC and though my accuracy with cast is suspect down in sub range, there is zero leading.
    Regardless of performance, I've decided they are both harder than needed on my bench and take waaaaay too long to reach temp with my Midway heater. So I recently ordered 25 sticks of the 160 to switch to when the drawer goes empty. Glad to hear you have had good luck with it, seems to be the consensus with White Label's products.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Blue is generally peoples favorite color, and I believe that many likes are strictly subconscious, because it is purty to look at in their mind.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Banner Sponsor

We can do custom colors on any of our lubes. We stock Red, Blue, Green, and Orange. We've done Purple for a Guy from Kansas State. Generally it is a 40 stick minimum, unless it's something simple like adding color to 2500+. I can just melt a pound and add the color of your choice...

Let us know if there is anything we can help with.
    Thanks
    Glenn Larsen.
    www.LsStuff.com

lar45: Thanks for truly great lubes. I us the BAC lube in my Saeco lube sizer and have had great success when using it for pan lubing. BAC is pretty tacky and stays in the lube grooves better than any other I've used. Gp