RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Arsenal 359-130 RF

Boolit Master

Arsenal 359-130 RF

Just put one on order. Anyone have any experience with this mold?

http://arsenalmolds.com/products?pro...=137&limit=100
    Last edited by Utah Shooter; 04-06-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

I'm A Honcho!
    Looks to me like a clone of the mihec 359 135 mold.

Take a look at this mihec drawing https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Boolit Master
    Interesting. I saw 140 grain of Mihecs looking around as well that look identical just a different weight.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

I've shot countless 1000's of the 125gr Mihec hp version of that bullet. They flat out shoot.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    I think that Arsenal 359-130 RF will be perfect in 9mms. It should also do well in 38s and light 357s. I have have had a NOE mold of very similar design that works great in 9mm, it doesn't seat to deep to raise pressure to high to fast.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master
    I have the Arsenal 358 135 RF. I shoot a CZ shadow. The bores in these guns run large. I cast mostly soft or range scrap with thsi mold. It drops .358 and I size .358. The mold is good quality and drops bullets very well. It is extremely accurate in my gun.

Im sure it will shoot great in whatever gun you have. Flat base bullets usually will be accurate.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    I have the Arsenal 358 135 RF. I shoot a CZ shadow. The bores in these guns run large. I cast mostly soft or range scrap with thsi mold. It drops .358 and I size .358. The mold is good quality and drops bullets very well. It is extremely accurate in my gun.

Im sure it will shoot great in whatever gun you have. Flat base bullets usually will be accurate.
    Ha. That is the whole reason I went with this design is for the CZ's

​Mentor

Boolit Master
    You can load them short and they will work. I ream the throat of mine so i can load cast longer. CZ has a tight throat. It works for jacketed. If you need more info PM me

Boolit Master
    I just bought a CZ Spo1 Tactical I slugged the bore an came up with .356 does that sound right with what you found. I was going to powder coat some Mihek 125 gr an size them to .357 .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    You can load them short and they will work. I ream the throat of mine so i can load cast longer. CZ has a tight throat. It works for jacketed. If you need more info PM me
    I have thought about doing that just not sure if it is worth the cost.

tinsnips - Yep. I am going to go with .358 because I do have a different barrel that is a touch bigger.

By the way mold has just shipped. 2 day turn around with machining? Wow! Hopefully I get it tomorrow seeing as they are just down the road from me.
    Last edited by Utah Shooter; 04-07-2017 at 10:31 PM.

​Mentor

Boolit Master
    I found that the coated bullets tumble from my cz. It needs a larger bullet. My molds for PC bullet do not drop large enough. I get best accuracy with lubed .358 I would like to try a .358 pc bullet. I have 500.00 in a set of molds for my ballisticast that wont work in a CZ.

I suggest if you try PC get a mold that drops .358gif
    Last edited by GARD72977; 04-08-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Boolit Master
    Well here it is and it looks good only issue I see is a slight burr on the sprue plate that is scratching the aluminum mold.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

​Mentor

Boolit Master

Looks like Jared done good for you and I think you're gonna like it. Last fall, I purchased one of his 360-162RFs (essentially the same profile with a longer body) and, once I shoot all the Lyman 158356s I've got on hand, it's probably going to be the only .38/.357 that I cast. Sized to .359 (after PC), it works great in all my revolvers, and, sized to .357, shoots better than factory in my buddy's .38 Super.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I'm A Honcho!
    I have the Arsenal 358429 170 SWC grainer. It is the only mold that I have that throws 98% or better usable bullets. Once up to temp, with a good tempo it will let you cast for hours at the same 173 grain (+/- .5 grain) 360 diameter. I load this bullet exclusively in 38 special cases under 6.8 grains of HS6 or 11.5 grains of 2400. Very accurate, not the most accurate but accurate as can be expected from a semi-wadcutter.

Boolit Master
    Yeah cast with it last night and would agree with your 98% rate Bluejay.

I sprayed it with brake cleaner and learned that was a no no. Now my sprue plate does not have any coating on it. I am going to be using it for 9mm and trying to pc it as well. As another member on the site has found these do cast a bit larger but oh well. I guess I will size, pc then size again.

​Mentor

I'm A Honcho!
    JC,

Sad part is I didn't want to give it 100% because I haven't sorted my most recent casting session. I have yet to find a reject. I had some dawn power degreaser dish soap that my wife doesn't like because it doesn't suds enough for her...now I use it for everything casting and camp kit.

That dish soap mixed with a little simple green and a old electric toothbrush is the only cleaning I do on my molds.

Then heat on the hotplate and coat the mold and the sprue plate with synthetic 2 cycle oil. Not on the bullet cavities though, I do that once up to temp with bullets in the mold.

Have not had a problem.