Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Help with reloading 8x52R Siamese

Boolit Buddy

Help with reloading 8x52R Siamese

Howdy! Have a friend who ended up with a Mauser from his father. He brought it to me to figure out what it was. The rifle is in very good shape. No cracks in the stock. Zero rust. Still has (had) lots of cosmolene. My friend figured out it's 8x52R. He's got an itch to shoot it and has ordered 10 pieces of brass. Needless to say we don't have dies for it.

I am looking for suggestions on the least expensive way of making a handful of bullets for him. Any other dies could be used? Open to any suggestions.

Boolit Master
    Siamese came in 8x50 and 8x52. The way to tell the different the rear sight is mill down for the 8x52. You can resize 45-70 brass down to it. And the over size 8mm bullets it needs. As i recall about 329 size. The price of reloading dies are $$. A lot of them were used just for the action to make 45-70 rifles. Years back i bought a really nice one. But after i bought it, it was to nice to chop up just for the action. So i found a few beat up one for the action. The action were made in Japan with very good steel

Boolit Buddy

A quick look for a parent case turned up nada, big rim, big base diameter rules out most every thing but the cartridges that are almost as obscure as the Thai round.

Boolit Buddy
    It's a 8x52. The brass is coming from Buffalo Arms. Dies are crazy expensive. Probably cost more than the gun is worth. Hoping to find something to at least seat the bullet.

Boolit Master
    Did you try CH4D dies? I have them in 8x52r and while expensive, they were cheaper than RCBS. Slug your bore. You're probably around .326, so the Lee 8x56r Bullet as worked well in most of my siamese mausers
    Need advice fixing a coleman appliance? Maybe I can help!

Boolit Master

Lee will also custom make dies.

The bolt face will fit the 30-40 Krag and belted magnum size case heads. I rebarreled mine to 30-40, then 6.5 Rem Mag, then back to 30-40. I wonder if a .325 WSM reamer would clean the chamber up? I guess you'd still have the oversize bore, if it has one. The Siamese Mauser is top quality.
    Best, Thomas.