Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300 blackout cast bullet load data

If you do a little searching you'll discover a number of conversations that should lead you to simply decide to use the gas check. It doesn't have anything to do with the coating used, (I use 45/45/10 lube), it has everything to do with accuracy. I shoot that Lee boolit lubed with 45/45/10, copper has checked and it's crazy accurate. People generally find it isn't accurate worth a hoot without the GC.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdarkwaters View Post
    hello everyone I have been mia the last year and a half from here burnt up most of my ammo horde and getting ready to start pulling the handle again but I built a new toy over the weekend 300 bo 16" 1/8 twist I think. pistol lenth gas system got dies. jig. flare die. and a lee c312-155-2r 6 cav mold on its way. now to my problem out of the stackes of reloading manuals I own the hornady 9th is the only one that has 300 blackout data and no lead data in it I have always used lyman manuals as a guide for all my cast reloads so where is the best place to get published cast bullet load data at? and any input on the lee 155gr bullet ill be loading this is my first attempt at casting for rifles and with a good poly coat is the gas check a must for that bullet I don't know how may post and forums I have checked any I see peoples pet loads but haven't see any published data thanks for taking the time to read my post

Boolit Bub
    The upper is a saa. M4 feed ramps is what it has on the website accuracy with one load of 12.5gr of h110 was about 1.5" but i was having to pogo the gun off the shooting bench so much extracting stuck rounds. I was more worried about feeding then accuracy but i got to thinking all my dummy rounds was with factory 300 brass all my reloads was with converted brass but only the lead 155gr bullets right the same mixed brass with the 155gr amax shot great
    Last edited by deepdarkwaters; 04-17-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Boolit Buddy

Not all converted brass plays nice in the Blk-Out ,especially with oversize cast .GRUMPA has a list in here somewhere .I run that 155gr. Lee in a half a dozen rifles with NO feed issues.Something is sure smakin them in the nose.

I would look at the ramp area or maybe try another brand of magazine.
    The upper is a saa. M4 feed ramps is what it has on the website accuracy with one load of 12.5gr of h110 was about 1.5" but i was having to pogo the gun off the shooting bench so much extracting stuck rounds. I was more worried about feeding then accuracy but i got to thinking all my dummy rounds was with factory 300 brass all my reloads was with converted brass but only the lead 155gr bullets right the same mixed brass with the 155gr amax shot great
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    I think i got it figured out if you ease the bcg home the round jumps up really sharp into the chamber dinging the nose and i think i may have to sand down my case holder to set my shoulder back resized factory bo brass chambers and extracts good but i still get faint rilfing marks on the bullets with a col of 2.030 im going to play with the col to see if i can stop that or see if a lighter pc coat helps

Boolit Master

I think i got it figured out if you ease the bcg home the round jumps up really sharp into the chamber dinging the nose and i think i may have to sand down my case holder to set my shoulder back resized factory bo brass chambers and extracts good but i still get faint rilfing marks on the bullets with a col of 2.030 im going to play with the col to see if i can stop that or see if a lighter pc coat helps
    A nose sizer from NOE or I've found using drop out spray will undersize boolits well for powder coating.

Mag problem. Try gen 3 Pmags, maybe lancer.
    Whatever!

I haven't had a problem but it just so happens I am using gen 3 Pmags.

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Mag problem. Try gen 3 Pmags, maybe lancer.

Boolit Bub
    I have done everthing i can think of to do andcant get rid of the small ding in the nose thought it was ramping up and hitting the top of the chamber but come to the conclusion its hitting the feed ramp my friend tryed them in his gun and they didn't do it i been chewing on my mag with a file to see if it changes anything and it could be part of the mix im using for the bullet dont know the bn but its soft ill take a picture later of the ding its one i can live withi bet i pulled 50 rds down last night that i been playing with the col and so far the 2.030 just barely dings the nose mags haven't made a difference gen 2 gen 3 or steel factory ammo and the 155gr Hornady amax reloads i gotload fine in any mag just going to be alot of trying some thing out then thinking about it all week till i can go shoot and try something different

Banned
    Sometimes you can tweak the metal "fingers" at the top of your mag to point the boolits up a little higher when chambering

That boolit shoots great @ 200 yrds

Good Brass for conversion
    ADI PERFECTA
    Aguila PMC
    A USA PS
    FC PSD
    GFL RA
    HB RP
    Hornady SSA
    Hornady (nickel TAA
    IK03 Tula
    IMI TW
    IVI TZZ
    LC WCC
    M193 Winchester
    Norinco WIN NT
    NOSLER WMA 15

Thick neck wall, bad without neck turning:

AB 556 L2A2
    ATI MKE13
    CBC MPA
    CJ6 Norma
    CJ 8 NPA
    DNL PMC
    FNM PMP
    FRONTIER PPU
    GECO RAM
    Hot Shot RORG
    HRTRS RWS
    ICC S&B
    IK03 SADU
    IMI TAA
    IVI SADU
    KFA Wolf Brass

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Sometimes you can tweak the metal "fingers" at the top of your mag to point the boolits up a little higher when chambering

That boolit shoots great @ 200 yrds

Good Brass for conversion
    ADI PERFECTA
    Aguila PMC
    A USA PS
    FC PSD
    GFL RA
    HB RP
    Hornady SSA
    Hornady (nickel TAA
    IK03 Tula
    IMI TW
    IVI TZZ
    LC WCC
    M193 Winchester
    Norinco WIN NT
    NOSLER WMA 15

Thick neck wall, bad without neck turning:

AB 556 L2A2
    ATI MKE13
    CBC MPA
    CJ6 Norma
    CJ 8 NPA
    DNL PMC
    FNM PMP
    FRONTIER PPU
    GECO RAM
    Hot Shot RORG
    HRTRS RWS
    ICC S&B
    IK03 SADU
    IMI TAA
    IVI SADU
    KFA Wolf Brass
    I saw that list too but I just had to pull about 200 rounds because they didnt chamber correctly as in too big of a neck. All GFL Fiochi brass so I wouldnt count on that list 100%. Out of the same batch PMC and RP all worked fine. I have 16" PSA upper 1/8.

Going back to the original post I would definitely consider testing with the same head stamp brass. I never had any problems with Lake City converted brass so from now on I'm just going to stick with that.
    The other thing to look at would be your OAL. I'm using the same Lee 312-155-2R mold and I know I had to load this pretty short to make it cycle properly. Unfortunately I'm at work so I'll have to look at my notes when I get home to confirm.
    I do remember that 15-16gr of H110 is a safe and accurate load data, at least for my gun so use it at your own risk.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by marek313 View Post
    I saw that list too but I just had to pull about 200 rounds because they didnt chamber correctly as in too big of a neck. All GFL Fiochi brass so I wouldnt count on that list 100%. Out of the same batch PMC and RP all worked fine. I have 16" PSA upper 1/8.

Going back to the original post I would definitely consider testing with the same head stamp brass. I never had any problems with Lake City converted brass so from now on I'm just going to stick with that.
    The other thing to look at would be your OAL. I'm using the same Lee 312-155-2R mold and I know I had to load this pretty short to make it cycle properly. Unfortunately I'm at work so I'll have to look at my notes when I get home to confirm.
    I do remember that 15-16gr of H110 is a safe and accurate load data, at least for my gun so use it at your own risk.
    16gr caused flattened primers and swipes on the brass for me, I load 15.3gr of H110/W296 with the 312-155gr Lee.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm loading 1680 with either the 220 SMK or the 220 Leather Head cast for subsonic. For my supersonic i'm loading 155 Nosler CC's and 4198. I have a 16" upper running a pistol length gas system. Excellent gas system function, however I had a lot of feeding problems with the heavy 220 gr bullets. After a ton of research and trying different things I found out it was simply the mags. I ended up modifying a Magpul AR15 mag by filing the internal ribs flat. This allows the bullets to be stripped from the mags without the bullet dragging along the internal ribs.

Boolit Mold
    Can any one help me with load data for a 300 blackout using a 160 grain, CL bullet using Rx-7, win231 or CFE BLK powder. I need some estimates of psi with the load data? I can't seem to find any of these relationships. I need the psi estimates to use with tables that I have developed that define the variations in BHN vs Heat Treatment Temp vs time for both water quench and air cooled bullets. I have tables for COWW and COWW+2.68% tin.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Lee 155 and NOE 310-196 over 15.7 Rel-7. No idea of pressure.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Banned

bit of advice. Find yourself a rcbs 130 spitzer gas check mold. It feeds and shoots better then the lee 155 in both of my 300s. Plus theres tons of 130 load data out there. Im with 6622729 use the check. My groups go from minute of paper at 50 yards to inch or less just by putting on the check. IF your going to shoot them at full power with powders used for full power jacketed cast them HARD, pc them and use a gas check. That is unless your only goal is to here a bang. 17 grains of 110 a fed primer and that bullet cast at 22bhn with a check and pc coated shoots 1 1/2 for 5 shot at a 100 yards out of my 16 inch psa gun and my 8.5 shoots the same load into 2 inch at a 100. Keep in mind that that is only the second load I tried and if I kept playing I could probably get more out of it but its good enough for what I do with cast out of it.

Pmags have a vertical rib that prevents loading very many rnds without jams. The rib does NOT extend into the mag feed area. The front of the mags have a guide that may push the nose the wrong way. The mag lips may be the wrong length. Case head must pop up from the lips and short/long seating can mess with this. Usually the nose hits on top, not on the ramps. When seated shorter than mag length, the bolt may strip off a rnd AND move the underneath one to the front of the mag. That one then doesn't feed correctly. Also check that the LOWER has feed ramp in it as well as the extension. Carefully dremel to fix it. PC is probably making the nose too big to fit. Seat 0.050" deeper usually works. If I didn't crimp, re-seating usually works.
    Whatever!

Banned

magpul, and a couple others make dedicated 300 bo mags now. No need to file on your 556 mags anymore. the pmags even have a slightly different shaped follower to help feeding with the 300. Ive seen them as cheap as 11 bucks a piece. hardly worth not using them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12