MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 blackout cast bullet load data

Boolit Bub

300 blackout cast bullet load data

hello everyone I have been mia the last year and a half from here burnt up most of my ammo horde and getting ready to start pulling the handle again but I built a new toy over the weekend 300 bo 16" 1/8 twist I think. pistol lenth gas system got dies. jig. flare die. and a lee c312-155-2r 6 cav mold on its way. now to my problem out of the stackes of reloading manuals I own the hornady 9th is the only one that has 300 blackout data and no lead data in it I have always used lyman manuals as a guide for all my cast reloads so where is the best place to get published cast bullet load data at? and any input on the lee 155gr bullet ill be loading this is my first attempt at casting for rifles and with a good poly coat is the gas check a must for that bullet I don't know how may post and forums I have checked any I see peoples pet loads but haven't see any published data thanks for taking the time to read my post

Boolit Master
    I used the Hornady data for my 16" 8 twist barrel and cast with good results.

I'm using that bullet in a similar setup except like 9" barrel but yeah, works great. Make sure you know how to seat them to work in the mags. I messed around with powders but for supers I'm liking 1680 and H110. Haven't worked in the subs too much yet but hope to soon. No gas checks for my trials. Many mag dumps and it runs clean and smooth, well, for an AR at least.

I'm actually converting a big lot of brass today. Lot of work even with the right tools, but it's a fun one to load for I think.
    Last edited by Drew P; 04-05-2017 at 02:29 AM.

Lyman has an AR only manual, but then it uses Lyman molds. The first part of the manual is a good read.
    Go to Johnny's Reloading Bench on YouTube for the best 300 Blackout videos.

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman 50th Edition has data for 160gr #311672 and 180gr #311332 using Rx7, H4198, IMR-3031, H335 and AA2230.

I've not yet decided on the 30cal boolit, so I'm no help.
    Given the velocities developed, I'm considering reaming out the gas check from the mold, making it into a flat base to be powder coated.
    Mine is also a 16" pistol length gas system with 1:8" twist.

Keep us posted on yours.
    Last edited by tsubaki; 04-05-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Benny

Boolit Bub
    Thanks everyone for the replys ill get a new lyman manual and check out that johnnys reloading bench on YouTube been watching alot of Elvis ammo on there after i get the 300blackout reloading hammered out then im going to look into casting for my dads m1 carbine

Boolit Mold
    We're shooting that boolit powdercoated no gas check with 15.5gr of H110, col 1.970-1.975,WSR, with less than 1/2turn with LFCD die Use at your own risk works in our 16" carbine length gas and 10" pistol length gas with 1909fps 5 shot avg out of the 16" BARREL. Puts a real Smack on a 10" Gong @ 100yds and a lot of fun shooting a .02cent lead bullet!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by firebikerd View Post
    We're shooting that boolit powdercoated no gas check with 15.5gr of H110, col 1.970-1.975,WSR, with less than 1/2turn with LFCD die Use at your own risk works in our 16" carbine length gas and 10" pistol length gas with 1909fps 5 shot avg out of the 16" BARREL. Puts a real Smack on a 10" Gong @ 100yds and a lot of fun shooting a .02cent lead bullet!
    Forgot to say sized .309 after powder coat with Lee push thru sizer. Because they don't make a .30 cal 310 ??????

Boolit Master

search button on the top right corner will get you a bunch of thread on this cartridge.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Mold
    Here is another of our favorites! The old Lyman 312410 It is a flat based 130gr round nose. We powder coat it too and size it to .309 after coating it.
    This shoots safely in our ARs use at your own risk. 17gr H110, wsr, col 1.950, 1/4 turn LFCD, sized .309 after coating.

Point of aim Point of impact is right there with the Lee 312-155-2r @50yds 2123fps 5 shot avg out of 16" barrel. Safe in our ARs start lower on the powder charge in yours! It's about as fun as you can have with a 300BK! about .02cents a bullet too! (Both rounds cast with wheel weight lead we got years ago)

Boolit Buddy

Search (Larry Gibson and M1 Carbine) when your ready,best guidance I've ever received for FREE .
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdarkwaters View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replys ill get a new lyman manual and check out that johnnys reloading bench on YouTube been watching alot of Elvis ammo on there after i get the 300blackout reloading hammered out then im going to look into casting for my dads m1 carbine
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    Thanks again everyone for the help ill pickup a new manual to add to the 15 i already have . After my dad ruptured a case in his 338 lapua mag (used Hornady mid range data with i think a nosler bullet of the same weight but was 3 grs over redline for that bullet in the nosler manual ) i try and stick to published data for whatever i load i just wish lee would do there own test on the bullets from there molds and not use powder companies load data

I picked up a reloading book just for AR's. IIRC it was published by lyman. Has load data for all the usual AR calibers and a lot of lead bullet info. Very worth the 15$

Boolit Master

I sure wouldn't use 17gr H110/W296 under this boolit, lots of people report high pressure signs in the 16gr range with that boolit. Hodgdon lists a max of 17.2gr of H110/W296 with a 150gr bullet at 52,800psi. I've found 15.3gr of H110/W296 gives 1,850fps, is accurate and cycles a couple of carbine length gas uppers we have, no pressure signs. Sized .310, gas checked and powder coated, or not powder coated.
    Last edited by Moonie; 04-05-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Well went to my favorite tulsa reloading shop no go on the new ar reloading handbook sold out so got it on its way from amazon but got a spare lee trimmer Guage and a quick trim die and 100 gas checks just to try out some h110 powder mini harbor freight chop saw and a sierra 8th edition manual had to burn a $50basspro gift card and thats the only way way over priced thing there i needed their reloading selection sucks now if im luck my dies jig mold and manual will be in Saturday and get this show on the road

Banned

lee doesn't even do that they just re-print data from other manuals and then leaves out the important stuff like cases, primers, & bullets.

Boolit Mold
    If you want .310 NOE makes a push through size die that's better than Lee's with the upside of being able to change the size by changing out a bushing. you really only need one body, then just buy whatever bushing you need in whatever size you need. The bushings are pretty cheap too. The choices are seemingly endless. They also sell neck expander plugs that fit in the Lee universal expander die and turn it into a modular Lyman M die essentially.

I'm hooked on their products. They've been well made so far that I've seen and offer options not available from the major manufacturers.

Boolit Bub
    Ok i worked up 9 loads with 1680 rl7 and h110 my problems started on round 2 with it not chambering all the way my col was 1.970+-5 the nose of bullet is hitting hard ramping into the chamber and on one you can see where it was engaging the riflings i loaded 10 dummy rounds up and cycled them by hand first to make sure they would chamber and they all worked but did get the dinged nose i know i can set them deeper and back off the charge weight but whats your thoughts on the nose i have read alot of people use this lee 155gr bullet with no problems but its giving me fits the gun runs fine with Remington 120gr and my 155gr amax reloads the brass on the nogo rounds was a mix of lc fed and ppu on the plus side of the 30out of the 45 that fired i didn't get any leading Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-04-16 22.36.41.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	193416

Boolit Bub
    The bullets are sized to 309 the outside of the case neck is running. 330-.333. I sized the brass with rcbs sb dies and i didn't use the lee factory crimp die the badly dinged rounds is feeding off the right side of the mag tryed a steel 5rd and a standard pmag

Boolit Buddy

Who's upper are you running ? .M4 Ramps ?,look for a step from extension to receiver.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast