Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MiHec 359-135 FP Solid 8 Cav Aluminum / 6 Cav Brass

My favorite load is 50/50 coww/soww w/ some tin thrown in, 3.1 gr of Titegroup. Lube: carnauba red and sized to .359
    Fantastic accuracy from my glock 19, I shoot many thousands of these a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Quote Originally Posted by zubrato View Post
    My favorite load is 50/50 coww/soww w/ some tin thrown in, 3.1 gr of Titegroup. Lube: carnauba red and sized to .359
    Fantastic accuracy from my glock 19, I shoot many thousands of these a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How is the smoke with this load? Have titegroup and access to carnuba red, may work up something similar.

Boolit Buddy
    Is that a stock G19 barrel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is with the stock barrel. The key to loading 9mm imo is using the correct expander, ala the Lee 38S&W (Not 38sp/357 or 9mm)

Smoke is not bad, I shoot indoor ranges semi frequently and never have an issue, not even a weird look from the other lanes. Far better than with Alox (45/45/10) i used to shoot.
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Master
    Got mine in last week sometime but had other things to occupy my time until today. I scrubbed it down real well with Dawn dish soap then shoved it in the oven at about 200 degrees as it was cooling down from supper to dry it off real well.

This afternoon I reassembled everything and cycled it a few times on my hot pate while I was pouring up a nice batch of Lyman 357446's. Once I was done and filled the pot back up I went to it.

As mentioned it makes a pile of boolits in a hurry, I'm going to REALLY like this one. I'll have the grandson's for the summer and I know it will be well used as we plan hit the range a lot. I'm figuring around 4'ish grains of Bullseye ought to be about right for a nice pleasant, cheap, practice round for all involved.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Has anybody successfully PC'd this bullet with tumble method and sized back down to the .357/.358 range?

Boolit Grand Master

Received mine and a typical work of art from Miha.

Boolit Master
    Has anybody successfully PC'd this bullet with tumble method and sized back down to the .357/.358 range?
    I have around​ 20# of them poured, just haven't had a chance to get to them just yet. I have three grandsons coming to stay the summer with me and figure this mold is going to get a real workout....

Also to prepare I just got in 3# of powder from Smoke 4320 this week. Those kids are gonna have a ball.....I personally don't think there will be any issues in doing so. I've not had issues doing so with other bullets from similar molds.
    Last edited by 41mag; 06-10-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

This is why I prefer the 357 version of this mold. After pc, it's easier to size to 358.

Quote Originally Posted by retrobass View Post
    Yes...and shot a couple hundred of them to boot. They work great.
    I cast a couple thousand if them. I coated them with Smokes Carolina Blue, Randy's Dark silver, and Kawasaki green from Columbia Coating. I sized them to .357, and loaded them with Unique, and Cleanshot. They ran flawlessly.
    I used straight WW sweetened with a little pure.
    Last edited by Beetmagnet; 06-13-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetmagnet View Post
    Yes...and shot a couple hundred of them to boot. They work great.
    I cast a couple thousand if them. I coated them with Smokes Carolina Blue, Randy's Dark silver, and Kawasaki green from Columbia Coating. I sized them to .357, and loaded them with Unique, and Cleanshot. They ran flawlessly.
    I used straight WW sweetened with a little pure.
    Now I'm wondering if I need a lube version to go with the current .357 group buy version. This saving money can get spendy quick!

Quote Originally Posted by retrobass View Post
    Now I'm wondering if I need a lube version to go with the current .357 group buy version. This saving money can get spendy quick!
    I have 2 of each...you might not want to listen to me. I'll tell you yes every time.

Boolit Master
    Glad I stumbled upon this one. Now I have an 8 cavity on the way. Eight at a time ought to make a pile of bullets fast!
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345