Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rossi 12ga handgun

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    Just show them the ATF's classification
    Wouldn't matter... If you get one of the ones who doesn't believe in the 2nd Amendment and they want to harass you, they will. Their jackbooted thug attitude is to arrest you and just say that you can prove your innocence in court. Yeah, guilty until proven innocent... And, of course, they'll claim the Nuremberg defense -- "just following orders" or "just doing my job". That defense didn't work then and it shouldn't work now.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Friend of mine had a WWI German flare pistol sleeved to 12 gauge , I fired quite a few shots out of it and was surprised how comfortable it was . He usually used 00 buckshot , at 25 feet it would throw a pattern no larger than a dinner plate.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

Not for me, obviously - since only 5 were factory made or authorized. (Aftermarket conversions of longer smoothbore guns are a no-no)

They may be legal in Canada, but in the US, smoothbore handguns are generally illegal.

That said, if they were legally available in the US, I sure wouldn't be a customer for one, anyway.

Why would they have to make it smoothbore? I don't think the customers (and even latex-clad ladies with whips find a limited demand) would be overly concerned with quality of shot pattern.

I think it could be done legally, as can self-administered trephination of the skull with a holesaw, under local anaesthetic, which I am informed a small subculture of Americans do for recreational or spiritual reasons. It could be quite some time before you got around to wondering if it is better for anything than a conventional firearm.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistics in Scotland View Post
    Why would they have to make it smoothbore? I don't think the customers (and even latex-clad ladies with whips find a limited demand) would be overly concerned with quality of shot pattern.

I think it could be done legally, as can self-administered trephination of the skull with a holesaw, under local anaesthetic, which I am informed a small subculture of Americans do for recreational or spiritual reasons. It could be quite some time before you got around to wondering if it is better for anything than a conventional firearm.

I doubt the ATF could give any more than a shrug of the shoulders as to the reasoning on rifling a 410 pistol.

At last! Liquor store bandits get their own legal shotgun. Long overdue in someone's opinion.......

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    At last! Liquor store bandits get their own legal shotgun. Long overdue in someone's opinion.......
    Texans.

My bedside gun is a Mossberg with a 14" bbl and a shockwave grip with an OAL of 26 1/4". Mossberg even sells these now. I had to build mine. If six rounds of 12 gauge 2 3/4 #1 buck don't get me out of my situation I likely needed a squad of Marines.

Last edited by DanishM1Garand; 04-07-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Oh you Ohioans & your sawd-offs. I prefer a plain riot gun myself but that's just me. It's too hard for me to hit stuff with a whippet gun; I have tried them.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    If you believe in restrictions on firearms type (and I suppose somebody must), it must surely be to reduce the harm done by firearms in crime. This one can't kill anybody deader than dead, and surely reduces the chances of the perpetrator firing a second shot in a hurry. Or perhaps ever.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    My 12 ( 72 caliber) does not kick that hard. but then I don't use near as much powder. That's a 1911 on the bottom.

Attachment 192580
    Love the under hammer! Where are the sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Oh you Ohioans & your sawd-offs. I prefer a plain riot gun myself but that's just me. It's too hard for me to hit stuff with a whippet gun; I have tried them.
    Best, Thomas.
    I have a 870 with a pistol grip for a home defense gun, I found out quick it's not easy to judge point of aim from the hip, even at inside the home distance's, so I put a laser on it, problem solved!
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Master

Here is something Giggleworthy.

Boolit Master

And another.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    How do ya' like this?
    There are people who own guns.
    There are stupid people who own guns.
    There are stupid people who own stupid guns.
    And there are people who shouldn't own stupid guns.

My 2¢.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Bub
    Surely this is photoshopped, it just can't be real. And if it is real, I would not want to be around when the EMT's and police started asking questions after the trigger was pulled.
    Just my $.02.

Banned

I think id like to have one. Make mine a 20 guage though. It would make a great gun in bird season cruising around on the 4 wheeler at camp in the fall. Be a decent home defense gun to boot. Even in 12 with some milder loads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123