MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have any 327 Henry's shown up yet

I agree that I think a lot of people given the chance to own a Henry Rifle for what is IMO a reasonable price did indeed jump at the chance. Surprises me not to hear they are backlogged. Plus there are always a few tweaks to get what is coming off the line to the same level of fit, finish, over all look and function as the prototypes.

Eagerly awaiting more calibers in those single shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    Contacted by customer service today.
    I was told the Big Boy steel is now shipping, and production is running along, but due to a "large back order", Henry is currently in the process of ramping up production of the .327's.
    My drop-ship order is "on file, and will be processed in the order it was received".
    I got the feeling that Henry was woefully unprepared for the demand for these rifles.

I was still not given any idea when my rifle will ship.

When all of this was set up, back in February, Henry took my FFL's information and asked about his preferred distributor.
    They said even though they were going to ship mine factory direct, they would credit my FFL's distributor for the sale. His preferred distributor is listed as Davison's Gallery of Guns.

I would like to believe that Davisons would be one of the larger distributors, and in theory, would be one of the first to have their orders processed.

Wishful thinking I guess.
    Patients friend, patients. Good things come to those who wait. If Henry underestimated the demand, I see that as a great thing. That is a problem that ANY business would want.

You said in an earlier post you are not a patient person. I can understand that. I will expand that a little and say you have very high standards and can be a tough customer to please. If they hurried production just to get orders filled (thing Remlin), there will be many unhappy people here. How would you handle this? If they say they are filling orders in the order they are received, then I would see no reason to doubt them. Sounds like you underestimated the demand and got you order in AFTER a good number of people. Would you expect Henry to ship your rifle ahead of someone else that has been waiting longer?

Relax. Stock up on some ammo. Get your dies if you reload. I have every confidence Henry will do you right. But don't really expect them to favor you over another customer. ALL of their customers are important to them.

Note that I am not bashing you. I, as mentioned, can tell you have high standards, and usually get what you want, when you want it. But sometimes we don't get everything according to our timetables. That's life. I totally understand your anxiousness. It took me over a year to save enough to get my Henry H010. But I have no regrets regarding my purchase.

As a side note, I emailed Henry recently and offered a few suggestions. They emailed back and said...

Paraphrasing here ....

Mr Imperato has taken your suggestions into consideration. He would like your address so he can send you some complimentary items as a thank you.

I emailed back and said....
    Thank you for the offer of the complimentary items, but no thank you. I am a completely happy customer without them. Add the cost of the items (whatever they might be) and the cost of shipping them to me. Take that money and add it to a bonus to your employees. They are deserving of it. And make a copy of this message and put it on an employee bulletin board. Just so they know I appreciate their work.

That's how I feel about Henry as a company. I only hope they continue to live up to the high standard they set.

"Take that money and add it to a bonus to your employees. They are deserving of it. And make a copy of this message and put it on an employee bulletin board. Just so they know I appreciate their work."

This, exactly this. Well said sir.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshoey View Post
    Patients friend, patients. Good things come to those who wait. If Henry underestimated the demand, I see that as a great thing. That is a problem that ANY business would want.

You said in an earlier post you are not a patient person. I can understand that. I will expand that a little and say you have very high standards and can be a tough customer to please. If they hurried production just to get orders filled (thing Remlin), there will be many unhappy people here. How would you handle this? If they say they are filling orders in the order they are received, then I would see no reason to doubt them. Sounds like you underestimated the demand and got you order in AFTER a good number of people. Would you expect Henry to ship your rifle ahead of someone else that has been waiting longer?

Relax. Stock up on some ammo. Get your dies if you reload. I have every confidence Henry will do you right. But don't really expect them to favor you over another customer. ALL of their customers are important to them.

Note that I am not bashing you. I, as mentioned, can tell you have high standards, and usually get what you want, when you want it. But sometimes we don't get everything according to our timetables. That's life. I totally understand your anxiousness. It took me over a year to save enough to get my Henry H010. But I have no regrets regarding my purchase.

As a side note, I emailed Henry recently and offered a few suggestions. They emailed back and said...

Paraphrasing here ....

Mr Imperato has taken your suggestions into consideration. He would like your address so he can send you some complimentary items as a thank you.

I emailed back and said....
    Thank you for the offer of the complimentary items, but no thank you. I am a completely happy customer without them. Add the cost of the items (whatever they might be) and the cost of shipping them to me. Take that money and add it to a bonus to your employees. They are deserving of it. And make a copy of this message and put it on an employee bulletin board. Just so they know I appreciate their work.

That's how I feel about Henry as a company. I only hope they continue to live up to the high standard they set.
    This adventure started years ago.
    I emailed Henry, as well as every other lever gun maker I could think of requesting this exact rifle.
    Henry was the only company to respond, but their response was not what I'd hoped for.
    At that time their reply was, "Henry USA currently have no plans to produce such a rifle.

With no more contact, 3 years later, I get an email from Henry telling me this would be available "soon".
    I was so excited at the news I wanted it NOW!
    Still do...

I completely understand. But I remember a saying my Dad told me as a youngster.....

If you s**t in one hand, and wish in the other, which do you think will fill up first? Lol

Boolit Buddy
    Davison's Gallery of Guns now has my new Henry .327 lever listed on their "stock watch".
    Hopefully that means mine will be here shortly...

Boolit Bub
    My dealer just called to see if I still wanted one. He said they had one on the way and it should be here Monday. I'll be picking it up as soon as I get the call.

Good for you. Glad to hear they are catching up. But I don't think MGDERF will be very happy for you!

Boolit Master
    Got the steel big loop carbine today! Reasonable trigger, fit and finish great, straight grain dark walnut, and lighter than I thought it would be. Now all i need is time to wring it out!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshoey View Post
    Good for you. Glad to hear they are catching up. But I don't think MGDERF will be very happy for you!
    Still waiting...

Boolit Buddy
    I picked mine up about a week ago. So far not all that impressed. Fitment of the receiver together and the receiver to the bud stock is not that great. The bottom of the receiver looks like it's installed crooked. The trigger is pretty gritty and stiff. Haven't had a lot of time to test accuracy yet I've only shot it a couple times. I think I will be getting in contact with Henry and send it back.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpmsman View Post
    I picked mine up about a week ago. So far not all that impressed. Fitment of the receiver together and the receiver to the bud stock is not that great. The bottom of the receiver looks like it's installed crooked. The trigger is pretty gritty and stiff. Haven't had a lot of time to test accuracy yet I've only shot it a couple times. I think I will be getting in contact with Henry and send it back.
    Just curious is yours the rifle or the carbine?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpmsman View Post
    Let's see some pics of that rifle and the issues?

Boolit Buddy
    Here's some pics of the rifle. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe I'm just being picky. Rigger it's the carbine.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15022494227321963106052.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	201480 this is the worst spot.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	1502249595952-815176454.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	201481 this is the other side. The lines are better on the right side.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	1502249790604-133867277.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	201482 left side front.

Name:	1502249902651-395347686.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	201483 right side front.

Boolit Buddy
    When I pull the trigger I can see the hammer moving to the rear. Unfortunately I don't have a trigger scale. Also the rifle can't be canted to the left when running the action otherwise the fresh round will jamb between the lifter and the inside of the receiver.

Boolit Buddy
    Got an email from Henry today telling me, "We will be shipping this by the end of the week", and the email included 3 downloads.
    Unfortunately the downloads won't open on my computer so I am hoping they ship the model I ordered.

Anyway, my new Henry is actually on the way!

Boolit Master
    I have several Henry rifles but they are all brass recievers not the steel. But chanting to the left is an issue with my 357 unless I work the action hard. So I went down and checked the hammer and everyone of them have clean crisp triggers and very little creep. Must be wh they are so accurate ......

My advice is simple call Henry they are fantastic about fixing issues with thier product when they have them.

I will wait for the brass carbine as I just love those brass rifles.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast