Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have any 327 Henry's shown up yet

Boolit Buddy
    Mine is at the local dealer for review tomorrow, I will take it if it is not as heavy as the 357

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Greetings
    Going to be interesting how much the first several go for on GB... The 41's went for near $900. Some sellers were still trying to get $750 - 800 when the more alert of us paid $635.
    I can be very patient not to pay the scalpers.
    Mike in Peru
    The guy on GB is asking $899........I would never pay that
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by denul View Post
    Mine is at the local dealer for review tomorrow, I will take it if it is not as heavy as the 357
    I saw the listings on GunBroker today, so I called Henry customer service to ask about mine.
    Customer service told me, "We've had some production issues, but are back on track and expect to be shipping in the next couple of weeks.

When I told him I saw them for sale on GunBroker, the customer service rep told me, "I don't know how they can do that. That model hasn't begun to ship yet."

I contacted the vendor on GunBroker and he confirmed that he had possession of the rifle, and it was received yesterday.

Is anyone else as frustrated as I am?

Boolit Buddy
    I picked mine up from Wildcat Pawn & Gun, in London Kentucky, about an hour ago, and can recommend them highly for service and sales. The out-the-door price was $689, and the gun is not as heavy as I thought it might be. It is the round Barrel, and is marked for both 327 and 32 H&R, and has a heavy thick rubber butt plate, no doubt to accommodate the heavy recoil generated by this cartridge .

Boolit Grand Master

Heavy recoil? You're fooling yourself if you think it's going to kick. A 357 Magnum in a carbine has no recoil. The 327 is going to be even less.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Heavy recoil? You're fooling yourself if you think it's going to kick. A 357 Magnum in a carbine has no recoil. The 327 is going to be even less.
    He was kidding. A joke. He slipped that one by you! Lol!

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    Well.... unless some one is thinking of doing a u-tube with the butt held in the front pearly whites.
    But I have to agree. That little piece of brass and with the heaviest cast possible is going to make far more noise than recoil. Our 41 mag Henry with a 290 grainer over a stout load of 2400, 1680 and H110 is comfortable to shoot. That thick rubber does a good job.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I appreciate someone getting the joke! I shouldn't try for comedy. For those who are concerned, I do have some experience with the 32 caliber, with lever Guns, and with recoil.The Ruger 480 in the Rossi 92,or my Japanese Browning 86 in 45/70, or my Winchester 94 in 45 Colt (or either of my Marlin 94s in 44 and 41 magnum) definitely benefit from softer buttplates. But more to the point, I was anxious to see if a long held impression that I have had about the 327 federal might be correct. I have always believed that it would do better in a longer barrel,because of its higher operating pressures than most revolver cartridges that are also chambered for long guns. My initial tests with the new Henry certainly seems to support that notion. American Eagle factory rounds cycled through the action very well, and I have a couple of dummy rounds seated to ridiculous lengths that would chamber and freely eject singly, but could not be cycled through the action. However, some more reasonably seated cast reloads cycled just fine, with no need to jerk or slam the action.
    The rifle is attractive, with what appears to be dark walnut with a satin finish, and a matte finish frame with a higher gloss blue barrel and magazine tube. The Buckhorn open sites have a very fine white diamond that seems to guide me very precisely to the front bead.Overall, the appearance is of a firearm designed for utility,but certainly handsome enough to put on display.
    I have quite a lot of interest in the 32s.I have model 73, and a model 92 Winchester in 32/20 and have loaded quite a lot for heavy cast in that caliber, for use in my Buckeye special which has two cylinders for 32/20 and 32H&R magnum.I Also load the 327 for my GP 100, the 7 1/2" Single Sevenand the far superior 6 1/2" Clements Stainless Single Six conversion from 22 to 327.I also have the original single six blued in 32 H&R, and an older 6" K frame S&W in 32/20 that has neither a bulged barrel or cylinder,which is sometimes a problem with some of the older revolvers exposed to high velocity ammunition.I also have been very active in casting for these calibers and have read with interest experiences of others here during the group buys that led to the various Mihec and NOE molds, in this caliber, of which I presently have seven.I am also very proud of a heavy 140 grain LFN that Veral Smith made for me right after the 327 came out.

I started by using the factory American Eagle 100 grain loads.I wasn't trying to do much in the way of accuracy but 4 or five of these rounds fired into a pile of wet ships at 100 yards were very nicely accurate, and exploded quite a lot of wood chips after killing soda cans.

6 rounds of this load averaged 1715 from the Clements Conversion, with a spread of 95 ft./s and SD of 35. Things got a lot better in the rifle. 6 rounds averaged 2084,with greatly improved consistency, and a spread of only 35 ft./s and a standard deviation of 13.

I get very similar results using the 100 gr Mihec 314640 HP over H110,with velocities just over 2000.
    I wanted to see how 32 H&R would do.I am so glad to have stocked up on 4756 when Ken Waters identified it as one of the best powders for the 32/20. I have also used it extensively in the HR Magnum and have a load of 5.1 gr behind the same cast Mihec Boolits as above,that averages 1190 with a SD of 10 from the 4" GP 100, and gave 1435 from the Henry, with the same standard deviation of 10.I doubt that any powder released since its discontinuation will improve significantly on this. The 32 H&Rs fed extremely well,were noticeably accurate, and would make a dandy,affordable substitute for 22s.
    I certainly hope there is enough interest to keep the ball rolling on the 32's going forward. I have a very nice Marlin 27s in 25/20,which is just as light as a gallery gun. The Henry is necessarily heavier because it is so much stronger, but the interest is out there for lightweight reloadable pump or lever actions. if you look at the various posts here and especially over on the Marlin website,and if you look at what is happened to the price of the few 32 H&Rs that Marlin made a few years back, I believe you can see why Henry stepped up.

I am sorry about the length of the post, and sincerely appreciate the concerns about my inexperience with the items above.I am far more interested in the heavier cast Boolits in the Henry,but I just didn't have any loaded and ready today when the thing came in. I need to change that over the next week or so and could keep anyone posted who might be interested.

Boolit Master

Excellent synopsis of your first impression. Thank you.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Nice review I have one on order and hope my 130 Grain HP from the Mihec mould shoot well from the gun as the results from my K Frame S&W have been great.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshoey View Post
    He was kidding. A joke. He slipped that one by you! Lol!
    Made me laugh.

Boolit Buddy
    Henrys website had just officially changed the status on the big boy steel models to "SHIPPING NOW "

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Henrys website had just officially changed the status on the big boy steel models to "SHIPPING NOW "
    Here they come fellas. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Ya know, it's nice to see some enthusiasm for a truly well made, if not underrated, firearm.
    Actually I take that back. I don't think I ever considered them underrated in any aspect. Underestimated , maybe.
    Last edited by buckshotshoey; 07-13-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Here they come fellas. I'm sure it will be worth the wait...
    I'm still not holding my breath.
    I've had an email in to the rep who is supposed to be assisting my FFL for 3 days now, with no reply, even though the Henry web site says they usually answer emails within 48 hours.

I was told 6 months ago that my rifle would be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL when they began to ship.
    They have been available on Gunbroker now for almost a week, and still, my FFL has not heard a peep.

I think Henry may be the ones who've done the underestimating.
    The last customer service rep I talked to told me that easily half of the calls he'd received in the past month were questions regarding the ship dates of the .327 offerings.

I'm not going to be a happy camper if this model sells out of the first run before I get my hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    I'm still not holding my breath.
    I've had an email in to the rep who is supposed to be assisting my FFL for 3 days now, with no reply, even though the Henry web site says they usually answer emails within 48 hours.

I was told 6 months ago that my rifle would be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL when they began to ship.
    They have been available on Gunbroker now for almost a week, and still, my FFL has not heard a peep.

I think Henry may be the ones who've done the underestimating.
    The last customer service rep I talked to told me that easily half of the calls he'd received in the past month were questions regarding the ship dates of the .327 offerings.

I'm not going to be a happy camper if this model sells out of the first run before I get my hands on one.
    Ok. And what part of that says it won't be worth the wait? If this turns out to be your only concerns, I'll bet you will be a happy camper in the end. Hey. You have to allow me to show a little enthusiasm.

To add..... I thought I seen one in Gunbroker as well. Just searched again and there were no results.
    Last edited by buckshotshoey; 07-14-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok. And what part of that says it won't be worth the wait? If this turns out to be your only concerns, I'll bet you will be a happy camper in the end. Hey. I have to allow me to show a little enthusiasm.

To add..... I thought I seen one in Gunbroker as well. Just searched again and there were no results.
    I didn't say it wouldn't be worth the wait, just that I'm getting rather perturbed about the length of wait, and the lack of contact of late.

I was promised in January that I would receive one of these rifles, and it was implied that it would be from the initial production run.
    I was told that my rifle would be drop-shipped to my FFL from the factory when they began to ship.

I was given the name and email address of a rep that is supposed to help me and my FFL in obtaining this rifle but she has yet to respond to my contact.
    My FFL has still not been notified of an incoming shipment, yet 2 sold on GunBroker yesterday, and another couple are now in the hands of members on this board.

I have been BEGGING every last lever gun manufacturer I could find to build this exact rifle for more than 3 years.
    Now Henry has built one, and I'm just frustrated that I don't have mine yet.
    As I posted above, I'm not known for my patient.

Boolit Master

Orders are normally shipped in the order received. If your order is half way down the order queue then you might have to wait a week or two.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Mold
    The queue is probably >100 deep. Realistically if you are waiting for them to filter through the normal supply chain, 2 or 3 mo from now is more realistic. But hey, nothing is stopping a true zealot from finding one on gunbroker sooner.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Friction View Post
    ... nothing is stopping a true zealot from finding one on gunbroker sooner.
    Normally, I would agree, and I could have bought one from GunBroker, but I have a much better deal lined up with my local FFL.
    He is a friend, that deserved or not, seems to feel he owes me favors.
    I was told I'll get mine for right at $200 below M.S.R.P., so yes, I could find one sooner I guess, but not for what I was quoted.

Boolit Buddy
    Contacted by customer service today.
    I was told the Big Boy steel is now shipping, and production is running along, but due to a "large back order", Henry is currently in the process of ramping up production of the .327's.
    My drop-ship order is "on file, and will be processed in the order it was received".
    I got the feeling that Henry was woefully unprepared for the demand for these rifles.

I was still not given any idea when my rifle will ship.

When all of this was set up, back in February, Henry took my FFL's information and asked about his preferred distributor.
    They said even though they were going to ship mine factory direct, they would credit my FFL's distributor for the sale. His preferred distributor is listed as Davison's Gallery of Guns.

I would like to believe that Davisons would be one of the larger distributors, and in theory, would be one of the first to have their orders processed.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast