WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2017

Boolit Master
    Dang!!! I was hoping to fly out and make the shoot this year, but I'll still be in Drill Instructor school at that time. Hopefully next year, and you all better have a ton of fun!!

Boolit Master
    Love Life, You would have made this old retired squid smile. Next Year

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    Hey,you brought that "game" to us, something similar had been thrown up before,but never got traction..So, stick with it !!!, If the competitors start "cleaning it",there is always the smaller gong Option...Onceab ull
    I can always stuff that smaller gong in the truck with the old style clothes pins I am bringing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Love Life, You would have made this old retired squid smile. Next Year
    I hope I can make it next year!! It's hard to explain how much I miss the call of the quails in the morning, and the smell of sagebrush after a rain. On the upside, I catch really big catfish here!

I hope all of your bullets fly true, and that the fellowship is good.

Boolit Master
    well schitt, you still waste good boolits by standing up, when any smart person would find some steady support.
    this can be done with flgc..heck they do. so why not test the ability of people to get cast boolits to shoot, not the ability of people to shoot standing up. yes i have been there, yes i have won, and others have won with my guns.
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    well schitt, you still waste good boolits by standing up, when any smart person would find some steady support.
    this can be done with flgc..heck they do. so why not test the ability of people to get cast boolits to shoot, not the ability of people to shoot standing up. yes i have been there, yes i have won, and others have won with my guns.
    I have found off-hand shooting to be a useful skill out here in the rainforest where if it takes more than 5 second to get an offhand shot, you are three seconds too slow for the local blacktail deer. You are right, of course about mule deer and even often about RM elk as well as whitetails from tree stands. My lowland blacktail deer are a different ghostly breed and I can't remember the last time I had the chance to take a good rest with muzzleloader. That is why I call the trophy the Practical Rifleman's Award. It's a fun shoot.

Boolit Master
    it is one reason i do not get overly concerned with scheduling the match.
    i SHOOT, i do not hunt, nor participate in position shooting.
    i did a lot of work to get guns to shoot well with castboolits.
    see no reason to go to just another position match...inspite the good food and company.
    and i just sold my 44 mag super redhawk to the team shoot is out.
    oh well. i'll drift by one of these years.
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    I'm having more than a little difficulty understanding your "problem", Mike...The original matches are still shot from the bench with scope or irons,the long range match has "Never" yet been shot from bench,although the new Range would allow that... Quilbilly's match is his own creation,and sans a golden wheelweight award,shoot it or not, your choice, ought not whine though if others do..!!! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    I suspect that in the spirit of a fun shoot there is just a hint of sarcasm in there somewhere​ .

Mike for what it's worth I don't shoot off a bench for more than load development and every load is developed for the express purpose of dispatching a suitable animal quickly . I do load a few loads that are just for fun and making single oblong holes with little to no recoil but even those are dedicated to proving up on the hunt ,which I find more and more to be less and less important .

Live a little step out of the safe space , I have a rather abused 1917 I'll let you use for the team pistol shoot .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    So now my main #1 wonderment is, where do you draw the line between a legitimate question & a Snivelitacious remark?
    Well, you are the first to put it to question. And seeing that BruceB instituted this rule, we may never know the answer to your question. But a rule it is. Bring it up at the Rools Committee meeting and we will all discuss it.
    Last edited by ammohead; 05-06-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Vendor Sponsor
    Less than a month to go everyone! I will be making my reservations at Scott's Shady Court this week. Also don't forget that the Model T is giving a group rate thanks to Mrs Harter and Rick. They have fine facilities and a great breakfast as well. I just like the "Route 66" feel to Scott's. But it is definitely not for everyone.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Just realized that Harter 66 stands alone here in offering up a pistol for the team shoot..So, if there is a potential contestant feeling deprived or undergunned, let me offer up my RPM in 356 W...Granted it's a single shot,but more than one has told me "once was enuff".. Need to know early,though, as no ammo loaded with boolits is on hand at the moment.. Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Super Moderator

Thinking of bringing the IJ 38 S&W for the team peestol shoot. After all, it's REALLY fast unloading empties!

I'm just wondering if my 'Target Load' (2nd from the left) of 1.6grs of Red Dot under a 148gr WC (506 FPS) will make it through that 1/2" waferboard?

I'm assuming that 9.3x62AL and I will be there!

.................. Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

4 000B mashed flat to 454 will pass through 1/2" plywood at 600fps .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I introduced Holly to my new "carry gun", a little snubby 38, this weekend. It would have been my extra for loan but she liked it. Uh Oh! I may have created a monster.

Boolit Master
    Interesting weather this week in Northern Nevada. This is why the date was moved to the first week of June. My first two NCBS trips were preceded the week before by being snowed into camp in the mountains just north of Winnemucca and some of the shooting events were delayed by snow. I found it delightful but some of the California shooters had issues

So are you saying that 80° Thursday and blowing snow on Saturday isn't normal ?

I've come to live by " if you're sunburned ,it's snowing and Memorial Day weekend you're in Nevada " .

As I write this its about 60° here in the valley but it appears to be snowing above 8000' just a few miles away .

I stand corrected 57°
    Attachment 195698
    The peak is 11,300 ' , the valley floor is 4000'.

Vendor Sponsor
    Nice picture Rich. Going to cook a brisket and a pork butt on the gas grill today for Saturday BBQ. I will mostly cook them then vacuum seal em and freeze em. Yum. I may eat some. Get your boolits cast, your ammo loaded and guns oiled. We are almost there.

Vendor Sponsor
    Cooked the brisket today and will cook the butt tomorrow. Spent some time today shamelessly asking vendor sponsors of this fine forum for prize donations. So far I have positive responses from Al Nelson of Noe moulds and from HiTek for some coating product. I expect I will hear back from more soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast