PBcastcoWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2017

Ncbs 2017

Hear ye, hear ye! The 18th annual without an interuption event known as the NEVADA CAST BOOLIT SHOOT will be held June 2, 3, and 4 at the Humbolt County Shooing Range in Winnemucca NV. Reservations have been made at Chihuahua's for Friday nights Rools Committee meeting for 6:00 dinner with discussion to follow, preceeded by liquid libations and pleasant conversation. There will be a BBQ Saturday evening at the range contact me here if you wish to bring a featured or side dish. Sunday there will be a dinner at the Martin House Basque resturant again at 6 pm. The tables and chairs for the shooting events have been reserved at Browns Hdw in Winnemucca please stop and shop there to show your support of their generous donation each year. Hard to believe this has been going on this long.

Safety is always an issue at an event like this and must be a prime consideration of every thing we do. However rule #1 for this event is and always has been NO WHINING! The number one purpose for this event is a friendly gathering of like minded people with lively and cordial conversation and discussion and a really good fun time. If you think there is the slightest possibility that you can't get behind this notion then stay home. The gathering and conversation is the prime reason for holding this event. The shooting and competition is simply a means to the end and should not be taken too seriously beyond the spectre of safety always. Come one come all and lets have a good time.

Boolit Master
    Can't wait! I will be there plus last summer I was watching the "panty shoot" at the local blackpowder rendezvous and thought we might be able to adapt it for a replacement of the speed rifle shoot. I already have the clothes pins but will need a couple fenceposts and some died "long underwear". The trophy for the practical rifle shoot might be a bit different this year instead of the golden 30/30.

Boolit Master
    I'm In-- Looking forward to it. Vicky says she can make her Broccoli Salad as a side for Saturday. I'll have the ice chests and bottled water out at the range. Hey-- I even still have that bag of charcoal we didn't use last June ()

Hick
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Man
    Good fun again with a great bunch of folks!!

As before, I have the posts, wire and plates for all of the targets and will plan on picking up the cardboard for the target backers. Should be plenty of stuff to set up Quillbilly's target and anything else we can dream up.

lookng forward to seeing all of you--Tim

Boolit Master
    The big question is how far us old guys can see a clothespin in iron sights.

I ain't shooting wearing panties! Boxers maybe. But I draw the line on panties and bicycle pants!

Thanks in advance Tim.

"I shot an elephant in my pajamas once. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know", Groucho Marks.

Boolit Master
    Now I have to un-imagine this!!! My head hurts. At a newspaper I used to write for we called the spandex crowd "Bicycling Urban Tourists in Tight Spandex". Every sunny weekend the BUTTS were out in herds.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 04-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Mary has put in for Friday and Monday so we will be on hand from lunch on Friday till dinner Sunday .......I hope .

Don't forget the discounted Model T rooms , mention NCBS and Mary .....I think , and get the room rate with breakfast in the restaurant , and discounts . The rooms were freshened up last summer ours didn't have the least hint of smoke . It also comes with a pool . Although I'm not sure I want to see me in a speedo .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

The official word from the Model T is ,
    9 Queens 2 beds
    3 Queens 1 bed
    1 Queen 2 beds Handicap accessible
    1 King 1 bed Handicap accessible
    $60/night , restaurant breakfast included for all occupants .

We set it up for 15 rooms going in but it can be adjusted . RSVP on a card no charge pay with your preferred payment at check in .

Ask for the Nevada Castboolits shoot .
    775 623 2588 . William is the Manager that set us up .

There are of course the usual Nevada club room perks included also .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Holly and I will be staying at our usual place, Scotts Shady Court, where we made reservations some weeks back and will be camping two nights before that out in the Pumpernickel Valley near the ruins of Adelaide. I am ready for some dry weather and the sweet smell of sage! Should be a lot of water in the creek at Adelaide with lots of wildflowers.

Boolit Master

Need a list of the various shooting events....

Dutch

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Need a list of the various shooting events....

Dutch
    Lets see. best BBQ. Best dessert. Best story. Oh, that's right, we are shooting too.

Best score iron/optic , best group I/0 , for pistol or rifle .
    Best of 5 long range . Best of 10 timed unknown range .
    Team rifle , team pistol . Lottery for teams .

Boolit Master
    The timed event winner gets the Practical Riflemans Award. Maximum of ten shots in three minutes at a mystery range of between 100 and 200 yards with iron sights standing offhand. The target is a 9"x15" gong. Best 5 long range is at 400 yards without a rest or being prone so offhand or sitting only (can't recall the size of that gong except that it is very heavy).

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Addendum: Best of my recall, kneeling is an allowable position in the 400 yd +/- event,should that be your thing..Haven't seen any one win the event from that position !! AND, slings are not allowable in any event...BUT, the "rools committee"meets every annual Friday B4 the awards shooting starts, Be there and advocate for any changes that strike your fancy...QuilBillys event excepted, do it his way or cut bait !! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Besides being made to feel welcome and part of the family when I came to NCBS the first time, the thing I like most about the shooting events is being able to use the 400 yard range. Up here on the Olympic Peninsula, it is hard to find anyplace (including my club range) where you can even see a target from more than 100 yards. I thought up the game in hope others would enjoy it as much as I have for the opportunity unique for us from the rainforests. Sounds like I made the game too officious. No worries!! Enjoy! As one of our group once said, "This is a family get-together where everyone likes everyone else."
    Last edited by quilbilly; 04-18-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Hey,you brought that "game" to us, something similar had been thrown up before,but never got traction..So, stick with it !!!, If the competitors start "cleaning it",there is always the smaller gong Option...Onceab ull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! The 18th annual without an interuption event known as the NEVADA CAST BOOLIT SHOOT will be held June 2, 3, and 4 at the Humbolt County Shooing Range in Winnemucca NV. Reservations have been made at Chihuahua's for Friday nights Rools Committee meeting for 6:00 dinner with discussion to follow, preceeded by liquid libations and pleasant conversation.

Safety is always an issue at an event like this and must be a prime consideration of every thing we do. However rule #1 for this event is and always has been NO WHINING! The number one purpose for this event is a friendly gathering of like minded people with lively and cordial conversation and discussion and a really good fun time. If you think there is the slightest possibility that you can't get behind this notion then stay home. The gathering and conversation is the prime reason for holding this event. The shooting and competition is simply a means to the end and should not be taken too seriously
    So now my main #1 wonderment is, where do you draw the line between a legitimate question & a Snivelitacious remark?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast