Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New P.C. set up how would you go now???

Boolit Bub
    great something else I have to get into once I run low on the box of lube stix I got.

Banned
    Step 1: A decent convection oven “Hamilton Beach 31331 Convection Toaster Oven $57.23 Amazon prime work great for me. (The temperature dial is of so you put and oven thermometer in the middle of the shelf you’re baking on and adjust the oven temp until the thermometer reads 400. Then you mark the dial. 99.9% of countertop ovens temp gauges are off. You can use a cheaper toaster oven but are limited to small batches and color variations due to uneven heat distribution. I cover the bottom of my oven with ceramic charcoal briquettes (others use fire bricks, metal p[late something to help hold the heat when the door is opened)

Step 2: Good quality powder. Start with Smokes or Randy’s. These are tried and tested. (Usually most high gloss polyester Powders work)

Step 3: Most quality powders don’t require BB’s for adhesion BUT, I find they help get a more even coat. Find a round plastic container with a #5 on it (the go to beginning container is cool whip) **Make sure you hold the lid on or you’ll get a mess. Cover bottom with BB’s, add powder (1 tsp to 1 TBSP depending on the size of container) swirl rapidly with intermittent shaking to help distribute the powder. When all the bullets are coated (this is where styles differ):

3A: I dump the bullets into a colander with holes in the bottom large enough for the BB’s to escape (set the colander in a pan so you don’t spend the day chasing BB’s) and sift out all the BB's, shaking the bullets to knock off all the excess powder. Dump/pour the bullets on a wire screen / Mesh Drawer Organizer, 6 by 9-Inch (remove rubber feet). I like to use 1 layer so I level out the bullets, place in 400* preheated oven and bake for 12 min. With the excess powder off I get clean/smooth bullets with no flashing and practically no sticking together.

3B: Get a bake tray/pan and cover with a non-stick material, people use silicone bake mats, non-stick aluminum foil, parchment paper. (I prefer the silicone mats). You can either dump the bullets in a pan or tray for easier access or fish them out of the container you coated them in with a pair of tweezers (I like the 5 tweezer set for about $6 at harbor freight), pick up the bullet by the lube groove, tap the tweezer on the rim of your coating container to remove excess powder and stand them up on your tray, place in 400* preheated oven and bake for 12 min. Some people will skip the tweezers and wear a surgical glove and stand them up by hand. When coating tall bullets/bullets with small bases, some will place a tray in the oven then stand them on the tray to limit tip overs. With this method, you need to determine how long it takes the oven to get to 400* and add that to the bake time.

Step 4: After the bullets have completely cooled size (if needed) load and shoot.
    If you desire a gas check, they can be added either before or after coating (remember, the Powder coating will add around .0015 to the bullet and can be used to enlarge undersized bullets)

Boolit Master
    $40 Oster toaster oven from Walmart. It comes with a rack and shelves sturdy enough. 2' pvc pipe from Lowes with $.50 end caps is what I use to shake the bullets and bb's in. Smokes powders. I've got a batch cooking right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12