RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Needed in the Milsurp World?

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    salpal48 must know all the guys that attend our local show . The guns and related things around them are worthless until they fall into their hands . Then ...................... well , you know what they are worth .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    That was the one that came to mind too. They are begging for better sights and if the owner doesn't use a clip to load it, the extractor can break and they aren't available as a part to my knowledge. A cool little carbine.
    MG34dotcom has extractors for about 20 bucks. Numrich had them about a week ago but are sold out when I just checked.

The 8x56R extractors aren't the hard ones to find. What we need is someone to make up some 8x57 extractors for the M95M 8mm Mauser conversions! Those are absolutely impossible to find. I've been looking for one for over 2 years now.

Some better sights for the M95's would be great. And someone with some pull to smack Lee (gently) in the head for making his bullet mold and sizing die .329 for that rifle. I have had almost 10 of the M95 rifles, slugged them all, and have yet to see one with a bore less than .330" in diameter. Most are .331" in my experience.

If I could do it without permanent mods, I would put a rear peep sight on every milsurp rifle I own. I shoot much better without the notch style sights.

There's a guy on gunboards who makes a no-mod peep sight set for the Finn M39 and they work awesome. He doesn't always have them, and gets them in batches. I strongly suggest them. I have also seen them for No1 MK3 Enfields.

One thing I do to all my Mosins that I regularly shoot is put a Finn 2-stage trigger and Finn sear/sear spring on them. They used to be really easy and affordable to find, now they have really started to dry up and prices have gone up. If a guy could buy a bunch of surplus Russian triggers/sears and do the Finn mod to them, that might be a viable product since it's extremely easy and doesn't require permanent mods. I would guess that would be a cost-effective product too since it would be easy to drill the holes once a jig is made, and the little rods would be cheap to cut from pins or cheap drill bit shanks or something.

Boolit Buddy
    what's needed in the milsurp world?
    how about a time machine?

well, a 10 rd magwell for the mosin would be great, I don't mean removable, just one like the original, but holds a bit more. and maybe some better rear sights, I have seen some ( they were overpriced and looked a little crude) with a peep sight on the rear sight blade? ( the part with the yardage) and one with a bit deeper notch that fits the front post a little better would be nice
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    well, a 10 rd magwell for the mosin would be great, I don't mean removable, just one like the original, but holds a bit more. and maybe some better rear sights, I have seen some ( they were overpriced and looked a little crude) with a peep sight on the rear sight blade? ( the part with the yardage) and one with a bit deeper notch that fits the front post a little better would be nice
    Here's a 10 round Mosin mag like you described. I haven't tried one, but here it is:
    https://www.howlingraven.com/Mosin-N...ion-p/hrme.htm

There is a market currently for the Martini Henry rifles being sold by IMA. Their genuine British made rifles are good sellers, and thanks to games like Battlefield 1 guns like the Martini Henry are very mainstream to new shooters right now. There is a group on Facebook dedicated to the Martini and the majority of us are purchasers of the IMA rifles.

2 things the Martini crowd needs to see that no current market offers

-A windage adjustable rear sight. Current consensus is that a Ross MkI rear sight drops in place and is windage adjustable. But those rear sights don't just fall out of the sky and command a $100+ premium.

-Scope mount. A Martini Henry scope mount is not difficult at all to make, and someone with decent tooling could turn out some very professional looking pieces. Best part is the rifles don't have to be permanently altered. Plenty of pictures on google. I think some Steyr M95 stuff would be the cats meow too! New extractors........
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    How about Remington Rolling Block parts, ammo components, etc.?

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Pedersen Devices for M1903 Springfields.

Boolit Master
    Pederson Devices for any Bolt action rifle.
    Good Call.
    That is something from the past that needs to be revived

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gnoahhh View Post
    Pedersen Devices for M1903 Springfields.
    Oh neat... But what would it be chambered in? The Pederson device was some oddball caliber similar to 32 WSL I heard. 32 auto? 30 luger?
    I collect exotic ammo, if you have something interesting let me know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123