Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Stag Arms ARs..any good?

Stag Arms ARs..any good?

I am considering getting a Stag Arms AR rifle. I am left handed and they offer a left handed AR. What is the skinny on these rifles?
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

I recently bought an AR which was built by Stag Arms under another name (friend owns a gun shop and builds AR's using their parts). now I'm new to the whole AR scene, but mine shoots great and I've had zero problems. I'm also left handed and I opted for the right hand model with a case deflector. Works like a dream and it will be easier to sell than a left handed model (in my humble opinion).

They were recently sold. http://www.courant.com/breaking-news...222-story.html

Overall they have been decent rifles over the years. May not be the best bang for the buck with the most up to date features but are decent rifles. There were some changes made since the new ownership (like with their receivers) but the changes look like a good improvement. If you want to buy a complete factory rifle then yes Stag is one of the few whom offer a lefty AR. There are some companies that make left handed upper receivers and ambi lowers but not complete rifles.

Boolit Master

Just for the record, there are ambidextrous charging handles, safeties and magazine releases available for installation on any old AR15.

Banned

I really like the stag AR's.
    we use them for varmint shooting.
    the 6-H I have is one of my top 3 most accurate rifles I own.
    and it does it with bullets I swage myself.
    I want to get another 6-H upper to put on my Armalite NM.
    the H is for heavy and it can get that way when wandering around the lava rock fields where the chucks and squirrels live.
    it's right at home on the bench though.

Another lefty here, again no trouble operating a standard AR. Agreed, the only drawback is the mag release. I looked at one with the ambi mag release and it was far enough away that it didn't seem any easier or worth the extra money to me.

Thanks for the replies guys, but I really wan't looking for how easy it is for a lefty to operate a right hand AR. My question had to do with the general quality of Stag Arms products.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

My best friend has owned the heavy varmint stag ar since the lefty model hit the shelves back in 06-07 ish, it's been a great rifle,we've put thousands of rounds through it it's ridden in truck four wheeler boat and snowmobile on countless coyote hunts, pound for pound dollar for dollar its as good as any mid level AR on the market, its held up to lots of use without a single component breaking; that's what I ask of my hard use rifles;not all makes live up to the task. That's my real world experience with stag!