Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expanding bullet question

Boolit Master

Looks like I may need to go a little harder than I had planned. I got some samples of the bullets before I purchased the mold. In my rifle the accuracy wasn't good until I approached 2000 fps. 1" dot at 100 yards. Still some work to do but I am pretty sure I can get it under an inch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0610.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	192487
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

for 100 yards, with that being a 1inch dot, that aint bad at all, your only what,3 inches of with a 1 1/2" group? better then I could do, but I have only iron sights
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Ross View Post
    Here in Iowa we can only use shotguns, muzzle loader or handguns. The handguns must be a listed caliber and use "expanding bullets". I called our DNR and ask if a soft lead bullet would qualify, they said no, it was not designed to expand. I then ask what about a jacked bullet did they consider designed to expand and the guy said hollow point. I took this information and Goodsteel was kind enough to make me a jig to hollow point a 45 cal boolit. I have not been close enough yet to try it out or been stoped by a DNR officer but have little doupt I woud be fine. I could possible have a fight on my hands depending on the DNR guy and his mood but I think it unlikly with the hollow point.
    At one time last year i was at a trapper convention and ask one game warden about something and the other one jump on me and it was not what I was asking and the one I was asking told him off that is not what he is asking. So the one I was asking explain to me what I ask. So I would ask the main office or field office not someone that try to make there own laws that is not the state.The game warden I have in my county is good and he dose check the laws to let me know the detail of what I ask. he comes to the house to tag my otters also and had someone contact me to take care there beaver problem also.So I am lucky for the one I have .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Aside rom water fowl hunting, has anybody ever had a warden even look at your ammo? I sure haven't. I've been stopped for license checks a few times and that never even was brought up.
    It depends on the Game Warden you get that day, and on his/her mood/irritability/hunger/lack of sleep/etc, etc. My encounters have mostly been courteous and civil. However, I did get a younger Warden that ask to see me broadheads. I complied by handing him my quiver. He took out each and every arrow and ran his fingers through all my broadheads. After licking his bloody finger, he thank me and wished me good luck. Better safe than sorry.
    [COLOR=#0000cd][I][SIZE=4][FONT=arial black]LeadPoisonTX[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12