Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: I WILL be back ... But

Boolit Master

I WILL be back ... But

OK I have been working on some demons
    The BIG One is the Migraines
    The Shock wave hitting my head is what 2 Doctors say is the problem
    And for a large numbers of people that got hurt like I did , they also have problems with sound

I have all but stopped shooting , as 2 or 3 rounds of 22 LR out of a rifle is enough to set off a migraine
    A number of Safe Queens have found new owners and IMO a good to pay for the needed new stuff
    As I figure , if I have not shot it in 5 years .... for the most part , why keep most of them

I have used tried out a Pistol , several Rifles and a Shotgun Suppressors

Paperwork is being filled out and then the wait

Starting out with a 30 cal to use on several rifles and a 12 gau Shotgun Suppressor
    A 22 LR 10 / 22 Barrel , one for a Ruger MK 3 or 4 with a Threaded barrel ( as I sold several of the MK 2's I had ) and one for the Glock 22

So have fun
    I will be lurking LOL
    And more and more I will using my laptop .... as I have found it easy to use and turn off when needed

So Have fun

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Banned

I really hope you get those migraines sorted out. I get them occasionally and they are miserable. I can't imagine having chronic ones.

Do try to keep shooting. I can't imagine ever giving it up completely. Have you considered an air rifle?

Good luck, we'll all be praying for you.

Boolit Grand Master
    I agree with Rich try an air gun. Any shooting is better than none.

I think about your accident just about every time I get ready to climb a ladder, and double check that it is solidly planted.

Robert

Boolit Master
    I'm glad your on the way to sorting out your problem.

Boolit Master

John, pick yoorself up a used 10m match air rifle and work on your standing off hand with iron sights. I've got a FWB P70 which is a joy to shoot and more accurate than I can shoot.

Good luck with the migraines.

Boolit Master

I can't imagine what those migraines​ have been like all this time but glad you're on the path to better control.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Perma-Banned

Good that you have at least found something that helps a little.

Prayer sent for you.

Boolit Master

Better change your handle to suppressorman. Best wishes and recovery.

Boolit Master
    Prayers to you
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I can appreciate your problem. I suffered from migraines for quite a few years beginning at about age 40.
    Took a long time to sort it out but my doctor eventually diagnosed the cause to be my neck muscles tensing up and putting pressure on the nerves in my neck.
    He prescribed a muscle relaxant and pain medications along with Imitrex. I suffered two strokes in 2012 during a bout with salivary gland cancer and my neurologist advised me to discontinue the use of Imitrex, as he considered it dangerous.

Fortunately, I have had very few migraines since 2012 and most have been much less severe than the ones I suffered through the previous 15+ years. In fact, I haven't had a single migraine in the last year. Nearly fatal case of Burkitt's-like lymphoma last year but no migraines...

Banned

Get better and come back, please. Big fan of anyone named John. Praying for you.

Colibri's in a ,22?
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Colibri's in a ,22?
    Can't beat the Colibri's.

Start with a Beeman P17 single pump pnuematic 10m target pistol. Good sights, good trigger, virtually no noise, no shock wave.

Then if that works you may want to try something like a Crossman 1322 with the carbine stock. Still well under 100$ and can be tweaked and modded to turn it into almost anything.

I would suggest stay away from the magnum springers. Fun guns but recoil in 2 directions, louder, more twang if you go with a spring. Quieter if you use a gas ram, but still not quiet.

PCP or CO2 rifle should work well for you though. Many of those are near silent.

Might want to have that head looked at. Too much internal pressure? Or something there that should not be? 3-4 rounds of .22lr should not cause that. Something is not right.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Better change your handle to suppressorman. Best wishes and recovery.
    LOL
    2 Winchester SxS Shotguns that have sat in the safe for YEARS is paying for the Suppressors I have ordered and at least 2 others

I still need to figure out what I want as for a Ohio legal rifle ....Might have threads cut on the Marlin 45/70

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sure you already bought your suppressors, but even so take a look at the new liberty cosmic or the liberty mysticx. The cosmic is a .45 can with stainless monocore and rated for 72 calibers. From .454 casulle on down. The new mystic x is rated up to 300 win mag now. I have the original mystic and the cosmic. Both sound great. I have a .454 lever threaded that I will be using the cosmic on. The report on a bolt action 30 30 with the mystic and sub loads is stupid quiet. Quiet enough to hear the round hit the paper on an indoor range.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Quote Originally Posted by Johnch View Post
    LOL
    2 Winchester SxS Shotguns that have sat in the safe for YEARS is paying for the Suppressors I have ordered and at least 2 others

I still need to figure out what I want as for a Ohio legal rifle ....Might have threads cut on the Marlin 45/70

John
    Go for it - I am

If you listen you can hear the impact on the rock 440 yards away.

Just go my 0.578x28 thread adapter so look for a video in the next week or so as I mount it on my 45 ACP Enfield #4 conversion for a try.

Just remember to larger the boolit the noisier it gets, but 45 slow and heavy will be really kick your shins in the subsonic world.
    Last edited by Artful; 04-01-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Works even better in 38 spl

I have heard air guns that were noisier.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    I have the same gun suppressed with my mystic. The rounds hitting the berm are louder than the report.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnch View Post
    LOL

John
    I have a .460 S&W Encore barrel in Texas right now being cut for the same, and a SilencerCo Hybrid sitting in my favorite FFL's safe. Right now I believe SiCo is still offering a $200 rebate on them. The Hybrid is also rated for .45-70, and not too heavy to boot! It can also function as a centerfire handgun suppressor as well.