Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite local eating joint ?

My favorite all around place is North Branch Bar and Grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    The best is jims grill it sits on the deck and gets fired up year round. If I do drive to town we can go the diner or well there is nowhere else to go it is good but not great. I find most of the meals too bland and there is only so much you can add after it is on your plate.

Boolit Master

Steak - Saltgrass Steakhouse

Home cook in' - Mama's Daughter's Diner

BBQ - Old House Barbecue. (or road trip to Austin to Franklin's or Meullers)

Chicken fried steak - right here @ home 😁
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Years ago there was a BBQ on the Jacksboro Highway when I'd travel from DFW to Graham, Texas...it was called Dairy Land and it was about as good as I'd ever tasted. I live in San Diego so most of the really good places here are seafood and since my Son is in the fishing business we get what we want fresh off the boats so my Wife is the best place for Seafood anywhere...Seafood here at the Bounty (they have several locations) is hard to beat.

Boolit Grand Master

Being diabetic limits my choices but the family hasn't been dissatisfied anywhere I take them. just how bad can you hurt grilled chicken, so everyone is satisfied.
    Luckily we are blessed with lots of variety and the lesser quality dives don't survive very long.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

My go to in utah county is Jim's Family Restaurant. Good food great prices and homemade soups and deserts.

More and more i just eat at home.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Most of the decent restaurants around this area have been crushed out of business by the many chain eateries that seem to be everywhere.

There is one place that sits on a hill overlooking the city called The Eagle's Nest that serves a pretty good rib eye, the side dishes are pretty good as well. Know a couple of people who were on the wait staff there and they have real issues with the ownership and how they treat their employees. because of that, I quit going there for dinner.

Lately, we have had good meals at Longhorn(a chain steakhouse). Large portions, well-prepared steaks and a quite competent waitstaff. I enjoy the decor...western-themed. Prices are about average for any steak house. A bonus is that they have several half-pound burger options on there menu for a not unreasonable price(IIRC, our bill for two of those burger meals runs around $25-30 plus tip)...makes for a nice option for a lunch date with my wife. Not too bad when you compare it to two foot-long sub meals at Subway for about $18.

Moderator Emeritus

A Taco truck called "Taqueria Del Buen Pastor"
    They also have a brick and mortar location now, two blocks from my house.

They have the best 'street' tacos...authentic, not American style.

2014 WCCO Viewers’ Choice For MN’s Best Food Truck

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/07/16/wcco-viewers-choice-for-mns-best-food-truck/

Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-30-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Eastern Boulder Cnty,CO. Can be found shooting at GMSC. Erie
    For big steaks; Columbine Café/bar on Federal and about 3rd in Denver. Just south of Highway 6th St.
    For Menudo; my wife's kitchen. She removes most of the fat off the stomach parts. She also skims most of the fat of the top, too. I hate greasy menudo!
    Pastrami Subs; Salvaggios on Pearl and 27th in Boulder.
    Steak San Lorenzo at Efrain's restaurant in East Boulder or Lafayette, Colorado. I'm a Mexican that does not eat at Mexican restaurants.
    "Greasy Spoon" type breakfasts; "Folsom St. Diner" on Folsom, North of Arapahoe Ave. in Boulder
    When I retire later this year, these will be the places I save money for on a once a quarter basis.
    When I sit down to look at my rifles in the safe.....
    I can very consistently shoot one inch groups at 100 yards.
    When I sit on the bench at the shooting range.....
    I always wish I was sitting down looking at my rifles in the safe.

Boolit Buddy
    Eastern Boulder Cnty,CO. Can be found shooting at GMSC. Erie
    Ummmm, cilantro and rabanitos on tacos!!!
    I wish I was an illegal, undocumented, criminal alien so I could go back to Mexico for free

JK
    When I sit down to look at my rifles in the safe.....
    I can very consistently shoot one inch groups at 100 yards.
    When I sit on the bench at the shooting range.....
    I always wish I was sitting down looking at my rifles in the safe.

Boolit Grand Master
    Aound here there really isn't a place I would call "good", only OK. One place in town has decent brisket and there is a little italian place called Daveto's, North of me is pretty good and Texas roadhouse about 60 miles away is good.
    If I want decent BBQ, it has to come out of my smoker. Neighbor kid loves my pulled pork, and since he is graduating from high school in May, that will be his "gift", about 40lbs of pulled pork for his graduation party!! For all I know, he will hide it from his friends!!!!

Sandbar.

Great food, and if you like WILCO's posts in the TROTITG thread, you'd love the scenery.

Boolit Grand Master

In Baton Rouge , for me it's Pimanyoli's Cafe ! Hands Down #1 , a down home old school BBQ and hot tamale joint . The pulled pork on a bun topped with coleslaw is the best.....Smokehouse Hamburgers ( they cook the burger , onions mushrooms and tomatoes in the smoker) heaven on a bun . Brisket to die for, Tamales , home made Mac-N-Cheese , BBQ baked beans,smoked sweet potatoes . And the people who own it are just the nicest people in the world to boot.
    I'm getting hungry just thinking about all the wonderful food that they fix.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    You've got Sticky Lips and Dinosaur both in Rochester, NY. I've eaten BBQ all over the country and there's nothing wrong with either of these places. Both very good. NYS in general doesn't have a lot of BBQ (the real deal), but they have some that's pretty decent.
    Got stuck in Rochester one snowy evening, after being diverted from Newark. I asked the van driver, who was taking us to the crew hotel, where the good chow was and he answered "Dinosaur BBQ." What!? BBQ in NY? After we changed out of our uniforms, the van took the whole crew there and, holy cow, was it good.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ole 5 hole group View Post
    There was a diner in Austin, Tx that had the best chicken fried steak and okra on the Wednesday lunch menu - If I could just turn back that clock.
    Threadgill's maybe? I've been a customer for 40 years.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Breakfast 5 days/week. I ain't got enough to sit at the Table of Knowledge.

http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/7576954/
    looks like my kind of place

We here in NW FL on the Gulf coast have an abundance of real good restaurants. You just stay away from the chain joints pretty much and the rest are real good, especially the ethnics, Greeks by Greeks, Mexicans by Mexicans, Irish by Irish, Thai by Thais, Gulf seafood by the fishing boats, etc. I know three first place winners of Memphis in May for Bar B Q that live right here. But the tourists kind of clutter the place in season.

I, like some of you, am real partial to my favorite eatery, Ed's Deck with its Cook Shack smoker and the XL Big Green Egg, the lady that owns the place serves a nice single malt and I like watching the sun go down over the Bayou on every afternoon.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

My kitchen table. Wife's just too good a cook to put up with anyplace else.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Bay Haven sea foods in Cornish Maine!!!!

You're going to laugh but the best place for tacos is a small counter in the Kandi-Mall (Kandiyohi County). I don't know the name of it, we just refer to it as mall tacos. They have a food truck too. It's run by a local family. Another good place for breakfast and lunch is Frieda's in Downtown Willmar. Frieda sold it a few years ago to her nephew. It has changed very little. Frieda immigrated from Germany when she married her husband who was in the U.S. Army. But the best food is at home. I'd rather prepare my own steaks & roasts at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast