Good morning,
These type of deals always leave a lot to be desired. Just to be clear. I don't like split deals or shared deals...period!!
The solution to avoiding all hard feelings that "might" develop from the typical, "you find, I melt, we split," type deals is put it in dollar amounts. For example. Raw scrap WW are 25 cents a pound. You bring me 300lbs. Your value is 75 dollars. I sort, melt and make pretty shiny 250X1lb ingots that are 1 dollar a pound, value is 250 dollars. You get 75 nice shiny ingots. I keep the rest.
I have used this system for ingots and for finished boolits it works extremely well.
When actual dollar values are used, and they can be an agreed upon amount. I just used WW as an example. Both parties know the costs involved and decisions are easy to make.
One of the guys at the outdoor range I shoot had a lot(5 oil drums full) of WW. He approached me about melting them into ingots. I asked what he thought was a fair price/lb for the WW's. He thought about it and finally said $500/drum. I said, so if I trade you 500X1lb ready to use ingots for a barrel. You would be happy? He said NO...he was thinking he should get a minimum of 1000lbs/ barrel and I could have whatever was over for doing the melting.........You can guess how many barrels I melted for him.....reality is in the eye(or back, in this case) of the beholder...