WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: What happend to the .224Boz?

What happend to the .224Boz?

Bored, I was looking into wildcat 10mm cartridges, because I like 10mm. I found the 9x25 Dillon right away, 90grn at 2000fps, a couple of .30 cal "ideas" without much data, and the .224Boz, claiming 2400fps with a 60grn.
    Liberty arms makes a 90grn? load for the 10mm at 2400fps, so why so slow for the Boz? A lot of what I read involved trying to use sabots, etc, but not this. But there is little to no information on it?
    Nothing serious here, just curious more than anything, thoughts on why they didn't get more velocity from it? Thoughts on why it vanished as fast as it appeared? I get it's more than a barrel and spring swap, but seems like a versatile round with multiple uses if you could get the velocity up a bit more.

No one else has even heard of it?

Boolit Master
    Read about it in a gun magazine. It failed to make it. Lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    Read about it in a gun magazine. It failed to make it. Lack of interest.
    The more I dig it seems it wasn't lack of interest as much as the designer shoot himself in the foot. He didn't want it to be used by civilians in any form, only police and government agencies. To small of a pool to make development cost effective.

Boolit Master
    I remember it, still have the piticular magazine feature issue on the round. The cover red "world's hottest pistol round". I do recall how they extolled its abilities against body armor and how this wouldn't be available to the general public and rubbed that in the readers face. I thought it was pretty neat overall but the designer could go pound sand. He more or less did shoot himself in the foot. It could have been the. 22TCM but the real market for it was excluded from day one.

These days, its not a big deal to make your own wildcat or clone. I'd rather have a 9x25 Dillon, one because im a competitive shooter and find it neat & interesting since that is the roots of it. Secondly, I like loud, hard thumpin pistols!
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 04-01-2017 at 02:49 AM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I was looking for lower recoil, plinking, varmit territory. But more and more it's sounding like you about have to build a gun around the cartridge. Lightened slides and blowback operation seem the only way to get it to cycle.
    Still gives one something to ponder.

Actually it was in the race for PDW type round competing against FN's 5.7 - you can still get a P-90 or FN57 pistol but even then you don't find them behind every gun counter and ammo is limited availability item. They were primarily for defeating soft body armor but a lot of body armor now has plates to defeat rifle rounds so they fail at that task today.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."