Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Press die for rcbs/Lyman dies??

Press die for rcbs/Lyman dies??

I wonder if there's a press mounted die that holds Lyman or rcbs sizing dies

Boolit Master
    I've made my own from a 7/8-14 bolt hollowed out on the lathe

How's it work for you?

Boolit Master
    Get ahold of Ammohead on here he made mine

We've got a family machine shop so the making it's not the hard part, just seeing if the juice is worth the squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mwells72774 View Post
    We've got a family machine shop so the making it's not the hard part, just seeing if the juice is worth the squeeze
    I think it's worth the squeeze.
    This one was made by theperfessor, along with a 'batch' of long base punches that that fit into a shell holder adaptor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance
    JonB,I spied that spool table in the picture. My crew made me one for my apartment away from home. I did have a kitchen bar but used the spool for table in the living room. A small one.for a lamp table. That spool is on the back porch and you couldn't buy it!

Moderator Emeritus

James,
    I got a funny story. This spool is in my upstairs livingroom (I live alone in a duplex)...which is now my reloading room, lol.
    The spool barely fit through the door when I put it up there nearly 2 decades ago. I then chose to add a layer of 3/8" plywood on top and then finished it with stain/varnish, I also added a layer of 3/8" plywood on the bottom, so I could rotate it, without scratching the floor.
    And then, about 5 years ago, I had this idea to bring this spool downstairs to the main level, during a HOT spell, as I don't have AC on the second floor. I unmounted all the presses, and guess what? The dang thing wouldn't fit through the door, I had forgot that it barely fit without the added plywood SO, I built a tiny reloading table for my livingroom, which mostly is used for my computer. When the day comes to remove that spool from that room, it'll either have to be reduced to firewood, or maybe I can squeeze it through the doorway, if I remove the doorframe trim?

While I was working on the jobsite, I'd see spools get thrown out all the time...usually broken down for kindling.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

JonB ,
    Sometimes just removing the door and its hinges from the frame will give you enough clearance , if not , measure the door stops on each side, one or both can be carefully pried off and replaced easily (if careful), if that doesn't get it you can remove the door frame (a bit more work ) or sell the custom "table" with the house !
    My Daddy was a lineman with Gulf States Utility co and he would bring them home and make tables out of them. Brought back some old memories of helping him .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"