Thread: 2400 Powder

Boolit Master

2400 Powder

Finally! 8 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2400.jpg  
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats....that = 2800 rounds of 20 gr. of 2400 behind your 429421 bullets to boot!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Nice, been seeing it around in one pound containers in Ct.

Been looking for that for years. I finally scored 2 8 pounders, should last me awhile.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Boolit Master
    I can't seem to find any around here...

Boolit Master

Grafs takes backorders and actually calls when the products come in. I have gotten some nice batches of 2400 and Unique. It may take a year, but they will get it and they will contact you.

Boolit Master
    Funny, my R&G club has had 2400 in stock in singles for the last year or so...

Yeah singles have been fairly available in 2400 but I get what OP means 8# jugs seem to be in shorter supply. See the same thing in a couple of other powders. Well from the manufacturer and wholesale/retail perspective 8 cans @ 1# is more profitable and distributes the powder to more customers than 1 jug @ 8#

Still have recently seen a couple of 8# jugs of stuff that had been scarce for a few years, around Nov. saw Varget in 8# jugs and H110 too.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Can't get anything but 1 lb container here but managed to get two recently after not seeing any for ages.

It been around here for about over a year. before that off and on. But I have enough for now in stock and other powders. But if the price where to drop alot I might get more of some. But for now I am good.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

It's been non existent here in the NW for some time. I use it in 410 shotgun loads as well as pistol and rifle so I was glad when my friend who owns a guns store called me last month and told me had just one 8 pound container scheduled for delivery. I reserved in ricky tick.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! Wish I had another jug! Every time I go looking, all my usual suppliers are out of this fine powder. I ought to be on "Hee Haw" singing "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all....." Glad you found some, though. I probably have all I need, but ..... if I can get back to shooting like I once did, I'd need quite a bit more.

I hit the gun show in Savannah this past weekend and saw loads of powder and most was marked at pretty reasonable prices. Saw 8 pounders of Unique, 2400, and several others. 1 pounders of dang near everything. Don't remember the prices on the 8's but 1 pounders ranged in the low $20's. Primers were in fairly good supply and averaged about $30/1000.

I picked up a couple pounds and a box of primers. First show I'd been to in a few years and the prices were MUCH better than last time.
    "Ignorance is curable, but Stupid is forever!"
    -Granddad

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Wow! Wish I had another jug! Every time I go looking, all my usual suppliers are out of this fine powder. I ought to be on "Hee Haw" singing "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all....." Glad you found some, though. I probably have all I need, but ..... if I can get back to shooting like I once did, I'd need quite a bit more.
    I finally broke down and ordered some from Recob's. Even with haz and shipping it ended up being cheaper than buying singles at the gun show.

Hey, my 3000th post! Took me seven years.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master

Blackwater and Rugerdude,

I'll be in your neck of the woods in two weeks for a wedding. I'll shoot you PMs after my itinerary is firm. Hopefully we can get together and drink some beer or coffee and tell lies.

Hey, my 3000th post! Took me seven years.
    Elkins,

Me too! Five years for me, but I'm retired now and I seem to peruse the threads more often now that I have the time.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    I not only can't seem to find any 2400 for sale, but now small reg. pistol primers around here are drying up. Particularly the Winchesters.. CCI & Federal primers are harder to find also. Remingtons are the only ones I have found in a recent trip. For some reason, some of you folks are having no issue with these shortages, while I have checked around in Mn. & Wisc. in the last week at the larger stores up to 50 miles away & have had no luck. I don't know enough about the smaller LGS to be able to travel & find what I am looking for. So, for now I just have to make do with other powders, but this new SPP primer shortage has me a bit worried....
    Last edited by JBinMN; 04-05-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Boolit Master

I shoot so that I can handload.

Boolit Grand Master
    We talk 4759 but actually shoot 2400.

Although I did squirrel away a bunch of 4759.

What are you paying for 2400?

Boolit Grand Master

I have an unopened jug in the powder chest. Don't know if I will ever get around to using it. The shortages were the reason I bought so many different powders. I prefer to go back to using 231/296/748 and call it done. I do need 760 now but I'm sure I can find a load w/ those four powders.

Boolit Master

I've heard so much good about 2400 that I picked up a pound about a year or year and a half ago, still haven't opened it. I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast