Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your battle rifle

Boolit Master
    I have several that are ready to go

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Way to old and broken to run-n-gun so it would be the '43' Garand, one last fight for both of us !!!!
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

I've got two, but I haven't shot them in months. I need to rectify that, but I've been too busy buying new guns and wringing them out...

Attachment 192019

Attachment 192020

Boolit Master

In a pinch on the run I'd grab my .30 WCF, but my actual battle rifle is an Enfield Mk4 Jungle Carbine, and yes it's RTG. Technically my 1875 Martini-Henry is also functional, but I have retired her in honor of her long years of service.
    Bulldogger

Boolit Master
    if you think a bolt rifle can not do the job against volume fire should read about Alvin York. mine are ready to go sighted in and lots of ammo.

Boolit Master

I've got 2 I would consider my battle rifles, one a 16" 300BO with or without suppressor and a new 18" 22 Nosler.

Boolit Grand Master

If it's not RTG and you're not rectifying that, what do you own it for? If you don't have ammo on hand, why not? We aren't collectors of junk or a parts dept.
    I understand we all have projects, and stuff happens, but If we have it, Why not be prepared?
    While not expecting to have to use it in a battle situation, everything I own is ready to use for something other than a rock.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Battle is subjective,I was thinking on that Oklahoma boy who recently shot it out with 3 burglars while watching his baby brother, and thinking of the time in early spring I took my daughter fishing when she was about 3 with our puppy to our "secret"place and encountered a whole heap of rabid skunks,two adults and 4or 5 juveniles ;if you don't think that's battle think again, that day 22 mag 5 skunks 0, but the dog did get a fish hook in the ear!

Oh nagantguy, I was thinking you had information on DNC / BLM agenda
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Yep ready ! Horn is full of powder, patch material in bag , extra flints ,mould and lead if I need more and a back up ram rod . Americas first battle rifle . Lol
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    My FAL is "in the shop" at moment, replacing a worn cocking handle pin and timing the barrel. Expect to be back up by the weekend.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

HollyWood Depiction of Reality

Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    I sold all my battle rifles and donated the money to the Clinton Foundation.

L.L. that should get you some points?
    Whatever!

I have a couple, with these old eyes I don't expect to shoot long range. That really is a young man's game in my opinion.

Close quarters yes, it is ready, it sits with the mag full, action open, just needs a jerk and a trigger squeeze. It happens to be a Yugo SKS, and it has a dust cover with a weaver rail attached. With a Truglo 2x Red Dot sighted in on top. In less than 2 minutes I can switch back to the original dust cover and use the iron sights. Sitting right below the rifle is a box with 10 full stripper clips, ie 100 rounds. Next to the box is an MTM ammo box with another 100 rounds of factory ammo ready to go. Stripper clips are mixed, some factory, some lee .312 185 gr with gc over 20 grains of IMR 4895. The "hammer". Compared to those small fast 124 gr fmj's they smack hard.

Upstairs I have a pair of Hipoint Carbines, one in .40sw one in 9mm. Both have at least 40 rounds loaded in magazines and are fully ready to go, both with at least 1 100 round MTM box of loaded ammo with the gun.

I'd rather not fight a war. But I'm ready if I need to.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I have a couple, with these old eyes I don't expect to shoot long range. That really is a young man's game in my opinion.

Close quarters yes, it is ready, it sits with the mag full, action open, just needs a jerk and a trigger squeeze. It happens to be a Yugo SKS, and it has a dust cover with a weaver rail attached. With a Truglo 2x Red Dot sighted in on top. In less than 2 minutes I can switch back to the original dust cover and use the iron sights. Sitting right below the rifle is a box with 10 full stripper clips, ie 100 rounds. Next to the box is an MTM ammo box with another 100 rounds of factory ammo ready to go. Stripper clips are mixed, some factory, some lee .312 185 gr with gc over 20 grains of IMR 4895. The "hammer". Compared to those small fast 124 gr fmj's they smack hard.

Upstairs I have a pair of Hipoint Carbines, one in .40sw one in 9mm. Both have at least 40 rounds loaded in magazines and are fully ready to go, both with at least 1 100 round MTM box of loaded ammo with the gun.

I'd rather not fight a war. But I'm ready if I need to.
    being ready and having the will has proven to be a great deterrent! But the will must be there for it to have the deterring effect!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    is your "battle"rifle is fighting shape?
    Er, battle rifle(s)?!? Yup, always maintained, always ready...
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master

Mine are at the READY

Perma-Banned
    70 grains of powder down the spout followed by a well-lubed maxi-ball followed by a cap on the nipple & my "battle"(& any other need) rifle will be ready to rock-n-roll.

Boolit Master
    All are ready to go.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast