Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My dog jake died today

Nothing I can say will sooth the hurt, so I'll just say you were lucky to have him and he was lucky to find you.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

They say time heals the pain. Yes it does, I lost my best friend Arrow 11-29-16. I can now think of him without getting teary eyed, just smile when I think of his many quirks and habits. I have reached the stage where I can get another dog without thinking I'm abandoning Arrow's love.

I'm first in line for a Golden puppy perhaps mid-summer from a local breeder of show dogs.

My son and DIL want me to adopt again, but I see nothing at the local no-kill shelter that interest me.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear. Dogs are great and everyone should have one. I lost my freind "Sam" last summer. Still miss him but now looking for another friend. Time will heal your pain but you'll always remember Jake.

Banned

lost my best friend last spring. It was as hard on me as loosing a kid would be. Everyone here encouraged me to jump back in and get another so in dec we got a new choc. lab pup. I still tear up thinking about my old one but this new one has stepped up to the plate and made it a lot easier for me. I know your pain and wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. I hope hes up in heaven playing with my old lab elmer. Up there waiting for us to join them.

Moderator Emeritus

44deerslayer I am so sorry for the loss of Jake but now he is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge and you both will be back together someday.....can you imagine being in heaven without him....I dont think so....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Sorry for you lost.I know how it is also.I have one that is now over 15 years old and lost his brother before one month before he was to be 12 years old.They where about 6 1/2 weeks old when I got them from the wild. Yes they are coydogs. I got another one from someone and he is almost like the brother that I lost of the older one.he is now over 3 years old now. Hang in there.They are our friends and kids and someone that always take us as we are.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    So very sorry for you loss 44. It sounds like Jake was a great dog and for us dog lovers, we all know what you are going through. It sounds like he had a good long loving life and what more could a dog or a human being ask for? He's still with you though and when the time is right, he will guide another to you that needs the same love and good home. It's hare on you and hard on Buddy to loose such a good friend but the sadness will pass as you remember the good times and the love that you gave each other. Our prayers are with you and with Buddy.

Banned

I will not say much. I know the pain. I cry over healthy dogs the lord gave me because they will not be with me forever. I really think a dog was a gift from God.

Boolit Buddy

He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. I too weep for every one I lost. It gets better, but you never forget.

I'm sorry for your loss Charlie, it can be difficult to lose a good friend like this. please remember to give the other dog a lot of extra love to help him get through his mourning as well
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

I feel your pain. RIP Jake.

Boolit Master
    I hope we meet our dogs again in the happy hunting ground as my grandad said.

Banned

God loves dogs and must have billions and billions around him. Each to be united to us at the end. He knows true love is a man and his dog. Life is nothing without them.
    We lose them but you must get another and you will never forget any.
    I offer prayers and tears for a loss.
    Never let the wife fool you either, Carol thinks I am nuts but bought my little one 100 toys and bags of treats. It cost a lot to keep her healthy but we don't care.

Boolit Master

A friends passing leaves a hole nothing ever fills. My condolences on the loss of so trusted a friend. May you find peace in his memories.

Banned

thought I was about the only one that did that! had a dream last night that the new pup was killed and hes cuddled up in my lap right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    I will not say much. I know the pain. I cry over healthy dogs the lord gave me because they will not be with me forever. I really think a dog was a gift from God.

Banned

A man that does not love dogs will never be my friend.
    I was at the neighbors yesterday and he has 2 old dogs, one has a hip gone and the other paw is chewed away. He is beside himself and has to get his dog put down. He loves cats too but that's OK with me. I take my little one over and they all get along fine.
    We had cats for a while but they seem to go faster, get sick faster or something or some jerk will run them over. My little dog loved to chase them up a tree, the cat came down to rub against my dog. Just fun and play.
    I take my little one out but never without a harness and leash. She loves squirrels and deer, just sits and watches and deer have come within feet of us. She never barks.

Boolit Buddy
    My my heart goes out to you and yours. A dog loves with no conditions.

My Lily is 14. She is in a bad way. I too will soon be in that bad place you are in. I dread the day.

Banned

I have 2 in the garage. I take my little one out and let the other 2 out. I don't let them run free. The fenced in is 40 by 70. I clean it every morning and also what the little one does in the yard. I have gates to the door so they can't escape. I lost too many shot in hunting season when they would not harm an animal. Just out for a run.
    I see dogs in the woods, one found me all the time. Dalmatian that was deaf. I would carry her home. One time she followed me out, I put her in my truck and took her home.
    Such a great dog but the owners let her run. I don't see her anymore.
    I don't shoot dogs that belong to neighbors. Or cats. There are dog packs that hunt and kill. That is different. But a dog sniffing around might belong to a little girl.
    There are dogs that are let out that kill farm animals. Why would anyone let a dog run like that. I know mine would never kill anything but there is a danger if some jerk thinks he has to shoot them. Keep them close.

Moderator Emeritus

Losing a good dog is really tough for a real "dog man." They love us like no other entity on earth - unconditionally and always, no matter what. Who would not be moved by that sort of love?

It's said that dogs can't go to Heaven because they have no soul, but personally, I believe they get to Heaven through us. All the love they give us cannot just disappear into the mist. I cannot fathom its not living on within us, sort of like a dog riding in a cart to some destination. Just my take on it, of course, but mine, FWIW. Something just tells me they go wherever we do, by whatever means God sees fit to have it done. I've been one VERY lucky guy with the dogs I've had. I feel so very blessed for what all they've given and taught me. And humbled. We have all this ability, and yet, a simple dog can humble us like nothing else I know of. I think there's a reason "dog" is "God" spelled backwards!

Boolit Master
    I lost Bo 1 year ago still miss him. RIP Jake, good dogs are a blessing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast