Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got rid of the drip!

Boolit Master

bought my Pro-Melt used and it has never dripped. Had the thermostat go out and wired the pot to max temp. Then put PID on it and it will hold with 1° give or take through entire casting session.

I did learn that when the lead level drops below the end of the thermocouple the meter will drop but the juice keeps raising the pot temp trying to get back to set temp.

I've torn my apart at least twice--just drill out the 8 pop rivets and replace when reassembling. Got the aftermarket shelf and lid that is sold on this site and it pretti-near casts by itself.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 Lee 4-20's one bought new, the other bought used. Refurbished the used one, neither one drips unless I bump the rod, push down and spin the rod a couple turns and no worries!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    My Lee 4-20 is new, purchased in January of this year. I've cast about 200# of bullets through it, no drips yet. I don't know if it makes a difference but I crank down the rod at the end of each session.

Boolit Master
    Never ever leave a Lee pot plugged in with molten lead in it alone, only bad things will happen!!

Boolit Master
    I believe I fixed my 20 lb. Lee pot this morning. I made sure​ it was empty, reamed the spout, let it cool and used some valve grinding compound to try to reseat the plunger. I took maybe 15 minutes of spinning the rod, some with a drill but mostly by hand. I put a few blemished boolits and two ingots into the pot and plugged it in. After the ingots melted and I recleaned the spout it started to work. I made the needed adjustments I did see any drips. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to cast a few......

I thought I'd go check it during the first intermission of the hockey game. After the ingots melted I saw where I didn't seat the rod well enough and thought I had a severe failure. After some more tinkering the drip stopped. I'll give it a good run through with more ingots, which should equate to more pressure at the spout.
    Last edited by Tom W.; 04-23-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?