WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My friend gave me some bullets and ....

Boolit Master
    My 6 foot step ladder disappeared. Spent days looking for it. Finally decided someone had likely stole it off the deck (where it was the last I recalled). One morning I went out to the shop, jumped on the tread mill and started walking. Looked to my right and right there, smack dab in the middle of the shop, leaning against the table saw, ----- yep, you guessed it, there was my ladder! Now, I had passed that sucker every day, and been on that tread mill every other day for at least a week. What chance do I have of finding anything small???
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    When ever I buy an item because I need it now and can't find the old one. I buy it, use it, go to put it away - right beside the one I was looking for.
    I have at least 6 caulking guns in a drawer because of that.
    Doesn't that make you a gun collector?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Moderator Emeritus

I have a chair next to my bed, I never sit in it. It is where I put clothes that need repair, or clothes that no longer fit.

About 5 years ago, I bought a Chrono. I looked all over for my tripod, which I had used once in a great while for a video recorder, back when they were all the rage. I turned the house upside down and never found the tripod.

About two years later, after buying a tripod, I was cleaning my bedroom. I went through that stack of clothes in that chair...and low and behold, half way down, there was my old tripod.

Just like Gary (gwpercle) said,

Christmas Everyday Club Member,
    Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    I spend lots more time looking than using. Finding and admiring things you come across while searching is what takes most of the time.
    Pretty much
    This is a great thread.
    I have stuff in a couple three places that I still need to go through/discover. Of note during the last five moves were two new and completely forgotten H2M .680" round ball molds. Now they are safely hiding from me again.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walla2 View Post
    Yep, know what you mean. A couple of years ago I found my father's thing from his time in the Navy in WWII.

Several years ago I moved back into my childhood home. It had been made disabled accessible and being in our 70s, it was convenient.
    Problem is The home is full of Mom and Dads lifetime of treasures. In the last 54 years I had filled our home with my own unfinished projects and get around to it's. There is no way to combine all the valuables.
    My intensions were to use a dumpster to rid their house of all the "junk" in order to make a place for mine. The memories and treasures I found couldn't be disposed of.
    At 75 I have come to the conclusion that it's going to be my children's problem. Basically I have to move the previous project in order to facilitate the current one. It does have a tendency to get me to finish before moving on.
    I boxed up and marked the contents of my loading tools and supplies so they are obvious when needed. Problem is I still haven't finished moving them. Thank God it was only 2 blocks.
    You younger folks live your lives with older age in mind. If you make it you will appreciate the planning, If not your heirs will. There really is a point of no return, and you won't realize passing it.

Boolit Grand Master

I've always heard of a "Black Hole" that swallows everything that comes close. I think there is one in my loading area.

If most of us have one, can you imagine the pile at the other end?

Boolit Buddy

In about a week, when some friends/kids we lent the front office to (as a refuge while waiting for their first house to become available) move out, I will be busy building and organizing things in my half of that room. It will be loading room and office for me, office/study room/crafts room for LadyWolf. I think I remember everything I have as for casting and reloading. But I am hoping a few projects are further along than I remember them as being! And I can only hope that I have more equipment and supplies than I recall having!
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Moderator Emeritus

Ain't it fun finding stuff you forgot you had? You wouldn't wanna' come over and do some searching at my place would you???

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    The table saw is bigger, therefore easier to find...
    "Lost" an AR receiver for 2 years, "found" it in a box of Harley parts...curious filing system, huh ?
    Went through my Norton Altas parts to sell them at a swap meet and discovered I had a complete motorcycle.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    I've always heard of a "Black Hole" that swallows everything that comes close. I think there is one in my loading area.

If most of us have one, can you imagine the pile at the other end?
    I have limbo in my workshop. I will set something down, it goes into limbo and I will find it years later in the same place as I have been looking - just after I have given up looking and bought a new one.
    I always go to put the new one away and find the old one in the exact spot where I put the new one away.

I must admit to having to many "things" in my collections. I did not believe that at all until I bought the biggest bench safe they make. I filled it with Old Model Single Action Rugers, 148 all toll. Then I discovered that it had been 20 years since I had seen them. So one rainy Sunday afternoon I decided to pull them all out, examine them and re-treat them and put them back in the gun rugs. When I got near the bottom, I found an odd shaped and strange feeling rug. Unzipped it, a brand new TC Contender, by the time I got to the bottom of the safe, I had three TCs in gun rugs laying on the floor that I had no clue where they came from. Only thing I can figure was that I was a range master at a Rod & Gun club on a military base for over 30 years and every once in a while a GI would get transferred to a place where he could not own firearms, like Japan, so they would come by the range to try and sell a gun before they shipped out. I would buy if I was interested and toss the gun in a rug, into my Suburban, then into the safe. It was like quick sand, given a few years the guns just disappeared from view, covered by other guns. Since then, I sold all of the TCs and the Rugers to other collectors. Then I built a vault with open wall racks, so I could see the junk, now I need two more wall racks. It never stops, the collecting, the storing or the forgetting.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Boolit Master
    I have been looking for a mold lost for 17 years last time we moved I have five of the bollits left.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flint45 View Post
    I have been looking for a mold lost for 17 years last time we moved I have five of the bollits left.
    You are going to have to make every shot count...

Quote Originally Posted by flint45 View Post
    What's the mold?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Banned

I'm glad I'm not the only one like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12