Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Crosman 150 pistol

Boolit Buddy

Crosman 150 pistol

Yesterday we worked on clearing out the basement of various stuff that my in laws have collected over the years.
    A little back story I guess. My wife and I took over the main ranch house on the 18 acre ranch that she grew up on and built her folks a place for them to move into so they could stay on the ranch for the rest of their lives.
    Anyway, we came across this air pistol that was my FIL Dad's.
    He ended up giving to me since he will never shoot it.
    Today I put a co2 cartridge in it and shot it. It leaks like a sieve out the barrel so I'm guessing it needs the valve o-rings replaced.
    It has the original box, a few pellets, and a pack of targets with a patent date of 1956.
    The lid of the box is really heavy and double wall because it is meant to be the back stop for the targets. It is clean and has never been shot at.
    It is super clean with hardly any wear at all.
    I found the parts on eBay so that's not a problem. Just need to figure out how to take it apart and repair it properly. It will be a fun addition to my air gun collection. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	191743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	191744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	191745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	191746

Boolit Master

A museum piece!
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    What a great find, that is a treasure.
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Boolit Buddy
    The safety detent ball and spring are out of it. The safety just flops around. I have the spring but the ball is missing. It is tiny. Not sure if I can find one of those. Maybe I will contact crosman.

Boolit Master

Some bicycle shops carry single ball bearings.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    The ball is way smaller than anything you'd find at a bicycle shop.

A temporary fix used by some is to cut off about half of a ball headed pin. Insert that in the spring and it does the job.

A source for very small diameter coil springs is the little tubes that hold a watch band on to the bezel. I used one of those springs to replace the tiny return spring in a S&W cylinder latch.

Hope you get this one going. Almost bid on one on ebay but already bought my budget limit of projects for this summer (two decent condition Crosman 357 revolvers in need of resealing but excellent exteriors with fine grips), plus they drive the prices up on air guns pretty quick on that site.
    Missed out on a cherry Daisy Model 44 because the seller only accepted bids through pay pal. His loss the gun ended up going for half its value.

I'll look around for instructions on resealing these.
    You might try soaking the seals in ATF transmission fluid. I fixed a old 1322 this way just recently. It wouldn't pump up at all, but after running the ATF through it and letting it sit overnight it now pumps up fine and shoots like new.

That 150 is a beauty, well worth investing a few bucks in even if you have to send it to a pro to have the work done.

Needless to say don't use those target, they might be worth something.

Boolit Master

Check with Baker air guns. They probably would overhaul the whole thing for you and tune it up.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Buddy
    So the good news is my oldest son just found the safety detent ball on the kitchen counter. Apparently it fell out of the little envelope that the spring was in when we were unpacking it.
    Now to look into getting it shooting. I will look at Baker. Thanks.

Boolit Master

Nice you found the ball.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

My mom had a 150 when she was in her teens- and she gave it to me years and years ago- it started to leak and be fussy to cock so sent it to Rick Willnecker at Precision Pellet and he did a heck of a job, knocked over lots of fluffy tailed varmints with it since. www.airgunshop.net
    Last edited by beezapilot; 04-18-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Master

You get it put together with the new seals? If not check you tube some one might have a tutorial.

Boolit Buddy
    I put the safety ball and spring back in it so they wouldn't get lost again.
    I haven't resealed it yet. Time and cash have both been short right now.
    I just returned to work on light duty after my shoulder surgery at a reduced rate of pay and things are just tight.
    Life right?
    At least its workers comp so something has been coming in.
    It will get resealed and be a bunch of fun to shoot.