Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your range look like, show us a photo.

Home Range

My range in in the backyard - the benches ar movable - 4X4 skids

Max range is 110 yards.

Works for me and my family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bench.Back.jpg   Targets.1..jpg  
    Big Bore = 45+

There are 4 ranges in the Victoria area, but the Victoria Fish & Game Protective Association is the only open membership "public" range. It is our largest range facility and at the moment there is no limit on membership size. The past few years we have had an average membership of 3,200 to 3,500 members which is up substantially from previous years. The shooting sports have become hugely popular again after many years of decline mostly thanks to anti-gun legislation that was put into place by previous Federal Liberal governments. We seem to have an entire new generation of shooters that have an interest in the shooting sports and all of the "old tymers" (like me!) are very happy to see it. Our ranges include Trap, Skeet, 5 Stand Sporting Clays, Black Powder, Archery, .22 and centrefire rifle (out to 250 yards), and a dedicated Multi Purpose range for handgun events which include Practical Pistol, Cowboy Action Shooting, PPC revolver, and a fledgling Bullseye target pistol group. We also have a dedicated Women's Shooting Group to encourage the involvement of women in the shooting sports since many of our new club members are female.

http://vfgpa.org/

Our other shooting facilities in the area include a private gun club with a capped membership of 200 members (and a nearly 10 year waiting list to join), a 135 member Trap and Skeet club with a 100 yard rifle range and a 25 yard pistol range (with a small waiting list to join) and a 350 member club with a 200 yard rifle range and a 25 yard pistol range (no shotgun facilities and a small waiting list to join). Part of the reason that the VF&GPA membership has grown so quickly over the past 3 or so years is the fact that it is an open, un-capped membership with no waiting list compared to the other local ranges.
    Last edited by Reverend Al; 05-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Assorted steel targets between pond and backstop allow 10-25 yard pistol and revolver practice.

Fifty-yard bench out of sight left of oak tree for zeroing .22s, black powder, cowboy guns.

100-yard bench for chronograph and load testing.

200 yard bench for sighting in hunting rifles and testing milsurps.

Attachment 196319
    Attachment 196321
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Marion Road Gun Club

Here's a panoramic shot of our 100 yard rifle range during one of our matches.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

My range over the marsh.

Shorter 100 yard range.

Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master
    Due to the season ,I seam to have burned up my backstop in my back yard . Yep the big wood pile has slowly heated my house . I won't be able to shoot in the back yard again until fall .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123