Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Feeding issues 10mm/40sw

Well this is embarrassing.
    The mixed headstamp thing got me thinking and I decided to retrace my steps here and started with redoing some plunk tests. While some did pass, most did not. And its not necessarily one headstamp or another that passes or not. I had originally set my dies up with new starline brass and shortly after got my hands on 2500 pieces of once fired at a very nice price and have been using it since. Dont know if that would affect die settings but i suppose the evidence says it does.
    Meplat on my boolit is .270
    Meplat on the sig bullet is .215 and has a slight roundedness transitioning from the cone to meplat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490615223820-2132747654.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	191901

Just recrimped 74 and hand cycled them without issue, will test them in about 2 hours when i get to my range. I am sorry i caused a big fuss over such a simple oversight.

Let us know how your gun functions and your findings on accuracy. I posted some target photos yesterday but they did not generate any comments-good or bad. As I wrote yesterday, I found with my Delta Elite that a very firm grip was necessary for best grouping.

Boolit Master
    Yeah the taper crimp looks pitiful.

Function was markedly better, only had one jam and one fail to eject where the case just didnt want to be let go. I will set the crimp just a hair down more and i figure that will do it.
    Accuracy was still less than desirable but i think that was due to bad bases on the boolit. I did have a firmer grip this time as well and was pleased to find my brass didnt get spread all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalAB View Post
    Well this is embarrassing.
    The mixed headstamp thing got me thinking and I decided to retrace my steps here and started with redoing some plunk tests. While some did pass, most did not. And its not necessarily one headstamp or another that passes or not. I had originally set my dies up with new starline brass and shortly after got my hands on 2500 pieces of once fired at a very nice price and have been using it since. Dont know if that would affect die settings but i suppose the evidence says it does.
    Meplat on my boolit is .270
    Meplat on the sig bullet is .215 and has a slight roundedness transitioning from the cone to meplat.

Name:	1490615223820-2132747654.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	191901
    Hello,

That one on the left has been chambered several times and is set back. Or looks like it from the dings on the nose.

I'd go through and check overall length on each.

What die are you using to crimp?

Josh

Banned

That one had indeed been chambered multiple times. Or at least attempted to. Im using hornady dies.
    The only other semi auto pistol round i have loaded to any real extent is 9mm and i get clover leafs with my cast load for it. Well my friend did when he shot it, his skills far exceeded my own. I guess i didnt know what to really watch for here.

Keyhole, dont know how i missed that post of your results but i like it, gonna have to pick up some number 5 now.

Here is my initial accuracy testing from last summer.

Name:	20170327_094653.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	191913
    Notes below it say that i pulled on the top right one.
    Last edited by BrutalAB; 03-27-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Boolit Master
    I wonder if my 500 dollar gun that cost 1100 dollars will do that? I'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalAB View Post
    That one had indeed been chambered multiple times. Or at least attempted to. Im using hornady dies.
    The only other semi auto pistol round i have loaded to any real extent is 9mm and i get clover leafs with my cast load for it. Well my friend did when he shot it, his skills far exceeded my own. I guess i didnt know what to really watch for here.

Keyhole, dont know how i missed that post of your results but i like it, gonna have to pick up some number 5 now.

Here is my initial accuracy testing from last summer.

Name:	20170327_094653.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	191913
    Notes below it say that i pulled on the top right one.
    Are you using a separate crimping die?

Regards,

Josh

Seat and crimp at the same time. Not a stranger to doing it seperatly though since i already do that on my 357.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234