ADvertise hereLee PrecisionRotoMetals2StainLess Steel Media
Inline FabricationGraf & SonsTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did it !!

Boolit Buddy
    What kind of siding is that? I am assuming the roof trusses still get trimmed?

Are you going to do some kind of tongue and grove board for wall coverings? That would look awesome.

How big is your place and are you hunting up there?

Boolit Master

archeryrob...
    the siding is the John Hardy siding.....because of the fire hazard I am using that product as it is more fire resistant that wood. The roof trusses will not get trimmed but will get finished off...this year hopefully
    the inside will be a mix of 1x6 t&g siding and sheet rock
    the place is 16x26 with an 8x8 mud room off the front....yes I hunt up there....mule and whitetail deer, some elk, occasionally there will be fresh bear tracks, lots of ruffed grouse, and wild Turkeys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside 1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	209696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	209697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabin looking east.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	209698
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master
    home sweet home how good it is !!!! and congrats on your youthfulness and ability

Boolit Master

Keeping the weight down gets more important as we age. I see preppers who show off packs that must weigh 60 lbs. I wonder how many have walked even 10 miles with one. Not for this old man.

Add in walking rough terrain and/or uphill and weight will drain you quickly. My limit is 30 lbs.
    Don Verna

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

you are so right dverna.....I keep the weight down to 20 lbs plus my rifle
    I didn't need the snowshoes this trip but I did use the poles....
    atr

Thanks for sharing, beautiful. Id love a cabin like that.

Boolit Master

I was up at the cabin for a week last month(June 2018) and I did a lot of hiking during the day. One morning I decided to hike up to the top of Muckamuck mountain. When I got close to the top and the trail started to disappear I ran across a large pile of bear scat, which started me looking closely at my surrounding as I didn't want to run into a sow with cubs. I reached the top, or close to it and sat down to take a break and enjoy the beauty of the mountains. After about 30 minutes of rest I started back down the trail and noticed a second pile of scat that was not there on my way up, so I was pretty certain that a bear was about. As I turned the corner on the trail, there in the beautiful sunlit morning sat a large black bear eating grass. He was sitting on his rump with his back to me about 20 yds away. He had no clue that I was there; I had made no sound hiking and the wind was dead still. I watched him (no cubs about) for about 15-20 minutes and since he was so close to the trail I was pretty much stopped until he had cleared out. Walking up behind him was NOT an option, so I took out my revolver (.22) and fired a single shot into the air. Bear got up on all 4's and looked around, but still didn't recognize that I was so close. So I fired another round and took a couple of steps and then he did understand that I was near. He wheeled around and took off up the side of the hill and into a large clump of brush. He moved so fast, traveled that 50 yds to cover in a matter of seconds. Very impressive to see a large animal like up so close just enjoying the beautiful morning. I was blessed for the experience.
    atr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12