RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Recommend a NOE mold for 300blk

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon

Recommend a NOE mold for 300blk

Any recommendations for a NOE mould to shoot supersonic 300blk with a bullet of 150 - 160gr.
    There is to many for me to pick from with my limited understanding of what will feed in a ar15.

Use of this bullet will be plinking/hunting. I prefer a flat nose or a hollow point if possible.

I am using a Ar15 for now, however may add a bolt action in the future.

Boolit Master
    I have had lots of feed issues running flat nose in 300bo in my AR's. Same feed ramps as a 556. They like long pointed bullets.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I use a 150 gr. spire point plain base. (NOE 311-150 PB) I powder coat it. Good accuracy and being cast it should work well for hunting. Feeding is very reliable with this bullet. I built the AR that I'm shooting it in.

I agree, something with a spire point. I have one of his 155 hp, great bullet but since its short with a flat nose, does not feed well. I also have one in the 220 grain spire point and it shoots and feeds great.

Boolit Bub
    I have a couple NOE moulds in 30 cal and one of these casts a 180 grs Ranch Dog design (big flat point), a beautiful bullet that works beautifully in my 308 Win bolt action rifles.
    On the other hand, in my 300 BLK (bolt action) rifle EVERY round gets stuck when feeding them into the chamber. I've tried feeding them one at a time or from the magazine to no avail, the meplat always gets caught in the chamber's shoulder.
    I have other molds that cast pointy (150, 155, 230 grs) or round nose (200 grs) bullets and they all feed without problem. Flat points don't work well in 300 BLK in my experience.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOE Bullets.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	197741

Second one from the right is NOE HTC309-153-SP and it feeds and shoots good in my AR. It is a smooth bullet. They are in a seperate place on his website Look on the left all the way down just under where all the bullets are listed. It says "HTC Bullets for Hi-Tek Coating->" It has to be powder coated. I push it at 1600 fps and I get no leading and its as accurate as factory ammo in my hands. I am average shooter.

The bullet all the way to the right is my subsonic for the 300 Blackout. Its a NOE HTC311-230-FN 230 grain and it shoots and feeds for me also.

Hope that helps