Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was.

—John 11:6

Lazarus was sick. But instead of going to see him in Bethany, Jesus intentionally waited two more days. Then He arrived in Bethany a full four days after Lazarus had died.

Sometimes it might seem as though Jesus is completely indifferent to our troubles. He might not do what we’re expecting Him to do.

As Martha and Mary were waiting for Jesus to heal their brother Lazarus, maybe they thought, “He’s going to let us down. Maybe prayer doesn’t work.”

But John 11:5 tells us, “Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.” Jesus delayed His arrival, yet we read that He loved Martha, Mary, and Lazarus.

In the original language, the word for loved is the Greek word agape. It speaks of a sacrificial, agonizing love that loves a person in spite of his or her lovability.

It’s the same word used in John 3:16, which says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Jesus died for every person. God loves us in spite of ourselves, in spite of our lovability.

Interestingly, when Martha and Mary sent word that Lazarus was sick, they said, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick” (John 11:3). The word they used for love is the Greek word phileo, from which we get our English word Philadelphia. It speaks of “brotherly love,” the love that a friend has for a friend.

Martha and Mary were thinking only of friendship, but Jesus was thinking of sacrificial love. They were thinking only of their temporal comfort, but Jesus was thinking of their eternal benefit. They wanted a healing; He wanted a resurrection. He wanted to do above and beyond that which they could ask or think.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Great lesson, We expect things to happen right here right now but God acts as He will when He will according to His purpose. Thank God for loving me and giving me life in Christ who paid my just penalty.

Moderator Emeritus

rl69 thank you for the lesson....we by nature are selfish and impatient....we want everything at our pace and not what God has in mind for us. We are stiff-necked and need to learn to humble our selves before our GOD.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

It is my belief that God see's all possible outcomes. And uses time to get the outcome he desires.

In this case I think God was not punishing Lazarus, but wanted Jesus to raise him from the dead.

So we need to remember when we are asking for help from him, that sometimes the answer is not yes, or no. But sometimes the answer is "Abide for now, it will come in time."

Patience is a virtue, we need to use it more. Trust more.

Moderator Emeritus

Yet another example of how God has His time, and we have ours. And when he lets us wait, it's always for a reason, and whatever befalls us, He can "make it right." Do we serve a wondrous and loving God or what?

Boolit Master
    It's about time you started posting again Dennis have you been sick or somthing
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Yep. Still taking a med that makes me sleep 15-16 hrs./da., and it's really no fun sleeping your life away. It's also got my blood sugar running 300-350, even with ZERO carbs and sugars, but today, I got a reading of 260, so maybe it's starting to come down despite the meds? Time will tell. Have @ 10 days' worth left to take, but it surely has helped me in the ways it was supposed to. Meds today can have some really undesirable side effects, but I'm thankful they do what they can do. I'd really be in a mess without them!!! So all in all, I'm thankful for them, even with the unpleasant side effects. Thanks for the concerns and prayers.