MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coolers?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    Qt and gallon plastic milk jugs. Big solid ice, that you can drink when it does melt. Always worked when I was doing a lot of vehicle tent camping.
    I keep a couple of 2-liter soft drink bottles filled with salt water and frozen in my deep freezer at all times and toss them in a cooler if we are going grocery shopping and might not be back home directly. When I used to be into cycling and would do long rides, I would use a 2-liter bottle frozen for my water bottle. By the time I was ready for my first drink, enough of it had melted. I could always add a bit more water to it from any faucets along the way and still have ice cold water for quite awhile.

Boolit Buddy
    It always worked for me. 2 liter bottles are also a good idea.
    At the beginning of your post you said salt water? Doesn't salt water melt faster?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    It always worked for me. 2 liter bottles are also a good idea.
    At the beginning of your post you said salt water? Doesn't salt water melt faster?
    But it's colder... And if you are wanting to keep the ice cream that you just bought at the store to not be a milkshake by the time you get home, it can make sense.

The good thing about the 2-liter bottles is that they are *very* watertight and can withstand quite a bit of pressure. The plastic milk jugs? Not so much. Besides, some of the milk just don't even have screw on type caps on them, just snap on type.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I have the RTIC 65 qt, Love it above all others!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I hear this all the time. Yetis are not for tail gating. They're meant for backwoods excursions where you don't have access to ice. If the closest ice is days away that does you no good. Having a cooler full of ice a week into a trip has lots of advantages if you're in the backwoods.
    The point I was trying to make is that you don't need a Yeti to keep your bottled water cold on a road trip.

Perma-Banned
    I don't care how nice they are. at 250 bucks for the small one up to 4 or 5 hundred for the large, that Yeti would hafta come packed to the brim with Omaha Steaks afore they'd get my money.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    I don't care how nice they are. at 250 bucks for the small one up to 4 or 5 hundred for the large, that Yeti would hafta come packed to the brim with Omaha Steaks afore they'd get my money.
    And somebody to trek it around for me. Maybe a couple of serpas.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post

and a couple gift certificates for more when those ran out.

I have a Igloo Maxcold that works better than all my others. No problems keeping ice for a long time. I'd buy a couple more since this one is getting pretty beat up but I aint seen one in a long time.
    Last edited by reloader28; 03-25-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: extra word

In Remembrance
    When I think of all the coolers I have bought over the years, a cooler that lasted a lifetime would be cheap even at yetis prices.
    But my sister and Bil had three different size yetis and they were all stolen at the same time, so there goes that thinking. lol

It all depends on how much use and under what conditions as to if they are worth it to a person, but there are cheaper options now than yeti for virtually the same thing, and I suspect as time goes on they will all get cheaper.

Boolit Master
    Saw the Yeti 45 at Dick's this morning for $399. White or in my day it was called Aqua Marine. They had the same number of them when I left. I had to show my ID for age and swear and sign I am a US citizen to buy a box of Federal Automatch. When I got my receipt, I remembered why I don't go to Dick's.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Yeti? Guaranted for life, at 73 not worth it.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

When a lifetime warranty is mentioned, I just giggle. Heck, I don't even look at the expiration dates except as a wish.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Mold

Canyon Coolers 35 from their boneyard discounts . 20 pounds of ice 12 pounds meat no Mcdonalds all week .

Boolit Bub
    I have a Grizzly 16 Qt cooler that I got for a good price from Midway a year or so ago, about $135 all told IIRC. I use it daily for work and other than being a bit grimier than when new, it's absolutely no worse for the wear. I load it with water & gatorade & a couple ice packs at the beginning of the week and just replace what I use and renew the icepacks a couple times during the week. It also has a little extra room for a few sammiches etc.. and for me it's worth it. It also worked well during the winter to keep water etc.. from freezing overnight. Pretty darn convenient as well as being very well built.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123