RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: what mold for a Husqvarna in 9.3 x 62 ?

Boolit Buddy

what mold for a Husqvarna in 9.3 x 62 ?

I bought a nice old scoped Husqvarna rifle in 9.3 x 62 at a auction from an estate . I see NOE has several 9.3 molds. Does any one have any experience with 9.3 molds in the 9.3 x 62 ?
    I was able to buy the die set with brass and jacketed bullets at the same auction that probably was used on this rifle. There was notes in the die box referring to a lyman 366408 and 15 grains of unique, and also a lyman 375248. I'm not sure if these molds were actually used or if it was a wish list.
    any ideas ?

Get theNOE 368-286 and never look back. Down in the Group Buy Results area is a long thread. I have and use it. The last time I shoot mine at 200yds shot 3shot 2" group. Then let a young kid try it he hit a 8" gong at 200yds 3 for 3. Just ask Swede what GC the mold is cut for.

Boolit Master
    My memory is a bit non-functional but I thought I bought my GC from Swede when I got the mold. That or the GC were built up for that mold and listed here on the forum by another vendor. That mold is definitely first rate. Again, my feeble memory says they were gator checks that were sold with the group buy.
    Last edited by OuchHot!; 04-04-2017 at 05:01 PM.

My mold was cut to take Hornady375 as Gators375 where to tight. Later Gator came out with there 9.3,s

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OuchHot! View Post
    My memory is a bit non-functional but I thought I bought my GC from Swede when I got the mold. That or the GC were built up for that mold and listed here on the forum by another vendor. That mold is definitely first rate. Again, my feeble memory says they were gator checks that were sold with the group buy.
    yes you are correct, 9.3 gator checks work great with that mold.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

I got in casting for the 9.3 x 62mm Mauser before NOE come out with a mold for it so I can not speak for it, I am using an Accurate 37-285C mold with gator checks and it is a very accurate round,

how do you like the 285C? I am getting a cz550FS 9.3X62 in a few months and have designed a accurate 4 cav mold with 2 cavities of the 285c and 2 of the 250b. whats the twist rate of your rifle, and also, have you hunted with the 285? thanks, travis
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.