WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Gunshow

Boolit Grand Master

Gunshow

This weekend Gunshow is over.
    Didn't sell to much. Key rings, target frames, tumbling media, small stuff.
    Didn't buy much. Scope rings, cherry seeds.
    i did get a tall ammo box to store my molds in.
    Friends gave me a bunch of stuff they couldn't sell.
    More to carry home to store away.
    Met a lots of new people.
    Tired, but had a good time.

Boolit Grand Master

Me and a couple of friends got a table at a local show about a year ago after cleaning out our closets and gun rooms. It was fun, watching the people, talking, visiting, selling a few things. I sold the most but I priced it to sell, not wanting to take it back home. I also engaged the people in conversation if they stopped by to look. Low profile, low pressure, but a friendly good morning to start a dialog with them. Glad you had a good time at your show!

Gun shows sure ain't what they used to be. I still go on occasion but hate dealing with all the BS.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Grand Master

Too many dealers with too much unpriced stuff, of questionable origins. I'm not cheap. Frugal is a more descriptive word. I like to at least feel like it was an equitable trade whether money was involved or not.
    Most dealers don't/won't even deal on high priced merchandice. Almost no equipment and reloading tools.
    Too many jewlery and coin dealers with tables full of non-gun related stuff. Not enough dealers with powder and primers instead of reloaded ammo.
    It's not fun to stand in pain waiting for the jaw-jackers to move out of the way. I'm about done with shows.
    Last edited by mold maker; 03-21-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I got a 5000 flat of Win LPP for $135. Couple that sells are Mideast Vets. Good folks with good prices and inventory.

Also saw (not the same folks) a 6" blued Python for $8,000. It came with the box.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I stopped going to gun show around here several years ago, They have the same group of guys that follow the show around selling the same overpriced junk no deals to be found there. At one time the local gun shops would load up and set up at the shows but they have stopped that too for the most part. I did go the the show at the Capital they had some booths with powder and primers and a lot of other stuff that caught my eye but the prices they had on the stuff was just crazy. I was told to go on the last day of the show and that is where the deals were and the first day was good too but you had to be there first thing. Turns out the other vendors would buy everything that was selling for a good price and resale it in there booth. Maybe I am too old and set in my ways to deal with them so I stay home.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Grand Master
    I think this is my 10th year with a table at the show.
    long time.
    Meet lots of good people.
    Also meet scamers.
    Biggest seller for me is target frames and key rings.
    I get a kick out of guys telling BS to girlfriends.

In Remembrance

ALWAYS watch your table for items that might wander off!Robert

Boolit Grand Master

I always went for the several parts vendors that were at the Local gun show and the ones carrying reloading equipment. I bought a lot from them. I did buy a few firearms also Here powder and primers arnt allowed in the building so very little of that. I like the smaller club shows as the vendors are more friendly and willing to deal and trade more. At the last club show I picked up a redding oil dampened scales with box in new condition for $10.00 with out and haggling even.