Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washing patch material

Boolit Master

Anyone care to post some links to what fabric they are buying?
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    Anyone care to post some links to what fabric they are buying?
    Heres the blue ticking from Joann fabric .015-.018 give or take http://www.joann.com/utility-fabric-...ing%2B&start=1

well it it looks like the samples I bought aren't gonna work out , my new to me rifle came yesterday and to my surprise a very tight bore with shallow grooves , I couldn't even start a .493 RB with a .015 patch even smacking it with the short starter looks like it's gonna take .010 material which is ok they had the red ticking in that thickness same for the 40 wt drill cloth and their version of linen .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Heres the blue ticking from Joann fabric .015-.018 give or take http://www.joann.com/utility-fabric-...ing%2B&start=1

well it it looks like the samples I bought aren't gonna work out , my new to me rifle came yesterday and to my surprise a very tight bore with shallow grooves , I couldn't even start a .493 RB with a .015 patch even smacking it with the short starter looks like it's gonna take .010 material which is ok they had the red ticking in that thickness same for the 40 wt drill cloth and their version of linen .
    It's best to select a good tough patching, and then fit the ball.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12