Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The .512 club

Banned

The .512 club

Show me your gun that shoots a .512 boolet, +/- .002"!

Ok, .476 or .512 boolet!

Boolit Master
    You've seen this one recently, but here is my .500 Linebaugh SRH:

Here is my .50 Alaskan custom:

And my .500 JRH BFR:

And a picture of the .50 Alaskan next to a .500 S&W Magnum:

Boolit Master

Sure wish I knew how to post big pictures like Whitworth.

Here's my 500 JRH - next to that small cannon is a 475 Linebaugh followed by the 500 Linebaugh Maximum. Last but not least is a 500 S&W

Where are your hand cannons Frankenfab???
    Last edited by ole 5 hole group; 11-16-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Banned

stainless gun is a 4 inch round barrel 500 that john built. Grips by dustin scrimshaw by twyla taylor. Bluded on is a 4 inch oct barrel gun dusting linebaugh did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0028.jpg  

Banned

I gotta get outside during daylight and get some better pics. .500 Linebaugh built by John on a Super Blackhawk. My favorite handgun. I have carried and shot it alot, and killed a deer with it last year. There was a patch of hair as big as a softball on the ground where I shot the deer. I have the 430 gr. Ballisticast mold and a 450 Kieth MM.

I think this 425 HP would be neat for deer:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...4&postcount=61

Freedom Arms .475 ordered for me with gold bead and action job from the factory.

Whitworth, I have heard the horror stories about the .50 Alaskan, but I still want one.

Last edited by frankenfab; 09-09-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spellin'

Boolit Master
    F/A .475, 4-3/4":

Bullberry 6-1/2" 50-70 Contender:

Boolit Master
    Beautiful revolvers, gentlemen!!

Frankenfab, the .50 Alaskan is a bear! Will be playing with some loads for it soon. Will keep you posted!

Boolit Master
    Beautiful guns guys, I tip my hat to all of you that can shoot those cannons, my wrists just won't do it anymore. Heavy loads in the 5 shot 480 are enough for me.

Dick

Banned

heres a couple more ive owned and foolishly parted with. the 4 5/8s gun i won at the linebaugh seminar and the 5.5 inch gun i bought used off my buddys brother while my stainless gun was being built and sold it to pay for some other gun deal that has probably been traded off as well. Its the second gun in that picture. by the way the first gun in that picture is a 5 shot 45 seville that is my buddys. Its one of the first guns that john did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0001.jpg   guns.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Very nice, Lloyd!

In Remembrance

Actually, I have just started loading my S&W .500 Magnum ( 6 1/2" barrel) with 8 grains of Trail Boss for a 370 grain bullet. Recoil is about the same as a starting load in my 357 magnum. VERY LIGHT recoil, for my .502" bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot View Post
    Beautiful guns guys, I tip my hat to all of you that can shoot those cannons, my wrists just won't do it anymore. Heavy loads in the 5 shot 480 are enough for me.

Dick

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Bub
    heres my 4" 500, makes the 500 encore feel like a 44

Boolit Master

Dick
    Dick, the most pleasant of my .50 cals to shoot is my BFR in .500 JRH. The other two can be outright uncomfortable at times, but fun nonetheless (in a masochistic kind of way!).

Banned

thats kind of the beauty of them. You dont have to stand on them to have an effecient killing machine. A 440 out of a 500 linebaugh at a 1000 fps recoils less then a full house 44 mag heavy load and kills just as well or better. On deer you may not ever notice the difference but on truely big game those loads seem to kill better then heavy 44 mag and 45 colt loads. You only have to put up with the ammount of recoil you yourself deem nessisary. then another thing is that even with full power loadings in the 500 line you dont have the sharp muzzle blast you have with the smaller bores.

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    thats kind of the beauty of them. You dont have to stand on them to have an effecient killing machine. A 440 out of a 500 linebaugh at a 1000 fps recoils less then a full house 44 mag heavy load and kills just as well or better. On deer you may not ever notice the difference but on truely big game those loads seem to kill better then heavy 44 mag and 45 colt loads. You only have to put up with the ammount of recoil you yourself deem nessisary. then another thing is that even with full power loadings in the 500 line you dont have the sharp muzzle blast you have with the smaller bores.
    Don't know if this thread is dead but do you feel the same about the 475, last year when I ordered my BFR I toyed with the Idea of a 475 but decided against it for lack of need and not wanting to add to my reloading operation, but in the future who knows.

Banned

you bet it applys to the 475 too.

Banned

.500 Linebaugh on deer----I always tell people it's like throwin' a piece of gravel through 'em.

A rather pathetic display compared to the custom linebaugh's and huntington's but here is my 475 bfr that I just got back from the factory yesterday. It still hasn't been fired except at the factory. 6.5 inch barrel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8063.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	25848
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 500bfrman View Post
    A rather pathetic display compared to the custom linebaugh's and huntington's but here is my 475 bfr that I just got back from the factory yesterday. It still hasn't been fired except at the factory. 6.5 inch barrel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8063.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	25848

Nothing pathetic in the least and one of my favorite revolvers and calibers. Share it with pride!

Boolit Master

yay!

.50 HP and .50 Razorback
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50cal.jpg   50HP.jpg   IMG_2041.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast