Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Ebay Jacket Swaging Kit

Boolit Bub

Ebay Jacket Swaging Kit

Anyone know anything about these jacket makers?

Any good?

Thanks,
    CM
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-20-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: removed ebay link

Boolit Buddy
    he has information on you tube about this jacket maker.

Boolit Master
    Be careful, very careful. I suggest you investigate the seller carefully.

Boolit Master

I have had mixed experience with the seller

Boolit Buddy

Instead of opaque critiques, how about offering some specific, fact based experiences? Many would like to know what your experience was and how the tooling performed. We don't do ourselves any favors if we keep this kind of stuff to ourselves.
    Zbench

Boolit Buddy
    I won an auction from a person in the same city. He offered a cheaper price if I completed the purchase off ebay. I declined, and payed through ebay. He sent me a bogus tracking number, but never sent the item. Eventually ebay forced a refund. All I ever got from the seller were profanity laden rants in message exchanges.

I left negative feedback and that seller folded up, and this seller cropped up. If you read feedback, it sounds like this seller has similar tactics. It may be same seller with different account.

It seems this seller has had some positive transactions, but that does not mean the product is ok. The old seller reportedly did not heat treat product and the product did get sent was .. I would not buy any product from this seller until someone else here verifies quality of product. I guess someone will be the test case. It won't be me.

Boolit Master

It does look "to good to be true"...
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    I've purchased a couple dies from Kelly... He's not the greatest communicator and he supposedly has health issues but I have always received everything I ordered. For a long time I thought he was a certain other seller that left a lot of guys hanging but I no longer believe that to be the case. He has, in the past, sent me items I didn't pay for and let me pay for them after I was satisfied with the condition.

The dies I have are pretty simple half jacketed bullet dies but I didn't have any issues with them. If they are listed on ebay, he has them in hand. You, as a buyer, are protected so long as you don't take the transaction off of ebay.

One thing I can't speak to is the question about durability, etc since these dies I have only saw some light use for testing. I wouldn't be ready to go out and spend a bunch of money on some rifle dies for instance, I'm not quite that trusting.
    Last edited by mckenziedrums; 03-20-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Boolit Master

I have been waiting for almost a year for a 30 cal point die for starters. I also got a tubing jacket maker set about a year ago also that i never got the entire set. The pinch trim dies came but the threads are so far off that they will not thread into the press

Vendor Sponsor

Some research material threads. I have no experience with said products but the threads mention several that have, or have tried. Weather or not these products are all offered by the same company or person is discused.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7084-jks-swage

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...es-on-flea-bay

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-h-g-firearms

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master
    Be careful with the jacket maker / de-rim dies on eBay. Not all of them make a jacket the will work. Most of them make a jacket that is 0.224 inch, or larger, in dia which is too big to fit the core seat die on most swage sets.

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

I purchased one about a 2 years ago and been making some, I also have Corbin jacket maker and they come out the same size