WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Need a 10 -15 yard shooter so .

Need a 10 -15 yard shooter so .

I ordered some thing I thought I would never buy from PA . Did not want a rifle for this distance . Started out thinking about one of the revolvers that are out now . But then I remembered the old eye syndrome with the sights and target. Looked at the springer's and remembered the issues I had with my RWS which I sold . Did not what another pumper because I plan on doing a lot of shooting just about every day . And I still have my 1377 which I put a 18 inch barrel and a shoulder stock on as well as scope . Which I need to repair after many years of use . This arrangement of shooting is short term I hope . So I did not want to pay very much and that put the cost of the PC out . Saw PA had their Crosman carts on sale for $18.99 for 40 which makes them a little under .50 cents a piece . So I bought what they say is a best seller a Crosman 2240 . 2 of the 40 pack of carts and 3 tins of Gamo WC . As well as a adapter to put a scope on . Spent over 6 hours in 2 days looking for a trigger group I had on another project 1377 that has a super sear in it . While looking for it I found a shoulder stock I forgot I had . 4 tins of Daisy WC. that I forgot I had which are accurate in my Disc. Dug up a couple of used scopes and rings . And yes just as I had given up and started to put things back in a box. I thought I saw some think black in a corner . Sure enough it was the trigger group I had been looking for . So I now wait for the order to arrive . Marvin
    Last edited by melloairman; 03-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Banned

I have a stock 2240 and like it very much

Do you or any one else know how many shoots your getting out of a cart in a stock 2240 . Marvin

Thought I would pass on a little scope mounting issue to any one that might not know . Got the trigger assembly and stock on the pistol . I bought the barrel mount adapter to mount the scope . Had a leapers compact rifle scope to mount on the pistol . All was good until then . But the barrel mount adapter sets to far forward to shorten the eye relief enough to use a compact rifle scope . Ordered a BSA RD. with 11 brightness levels for it today . Think I will remove the stock and make it into a pistol again . Mount would more than likely work with a pistol scope with long eye relief . Marvin

Boolit Master

I would buy a steel breech for it.Those barrel mount adapters are hard on barrels.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Look at the P17. Single shot pneumatic that is very accurate with a nice trigger. With the right pellet it can single hole at 10 yards.
    See other thread here for info on o-ring replacement that some need. Easy to do.
    Silver Eagle

TANSTAAFL
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    - Robert A. Heinlein from "The moon is a harsh mistress"

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Got a 2240 this week. Already have a steel breech coming for it along with an open sight and a Hammers red Dot.

We shall see how it goes.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

I have a steel breech and 18 inch barrel in .177 that might end up on this pistol as well as a shoulder stock . Marvin

Boolit Buddy

My squirrel rifle is a 25 cal Benjamin Marauder PCP with a Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56 SR Pro. It is a blast!
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

I recently put this mount on my 1322 instead of a steel breech.
    It was about the same price, but I liked that the scope actually locked to the barrel for the length of the rail. The steel breech just holds the end of the barrel. There is really not a lot to hold barrel and breech straight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XUZD5KO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It was simple enough to install once I found my little transfer port bushing which fell out the first time I tried to install it. A little grease to make it stick into place and stay there and install was a snap.

Slipped a Trueglo Red Dot on it and was zero'd in 6 shots.
    Playing with Bushnell Banner on it now. Would be fine for outside but does not focus in close enough for good accuracy at 20 feet.

I really liked the fact that it locked the breech and the barrel together. Rear sight comes off, uses screw to hold the rear of this assembly together. 2 grub screws hold all solid to the barrel once the other screws are in and set. And 3 more grub screws hold weaver rail to the rest. Locking the whole aseembly into one solid aligned package. Ready to mount a scope or Red Dot type sight on.

I think I am going to go back to the Red Dot. Accurate enough for close work to put 5 in one ragged hole if I can do my part right.
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 04-03-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Today I received my 2 BSA RD. and put one on the 2240 and the other on the P17 . It seems to fit the 2240 barrel mount well .I know that the PA reviews of the RD. and the Crosman line of pistols were all good . Hope to shoot them both tomorrow . Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I recently put this mount on my 1322 instead of a steel breech.
    It was about the same price, but I liked that the scope actually locked to the barrel for the length of the rail. The steel breech just holds the end of the barrel. There is really not a lot to hold barrel and breech straight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XUZD5KO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It was simple enough to install once I found my little transfer port bushing which fell out the first time I tried to install it. A little grease to make it stick into place and stay there and install was a snap.

Slipped a Trueglo Red Dot on it and was zero'd in 6 shots.
    Playing with Bushnell Banner on it now. Would be fine for outside but does not focus in close enough for good accuracy at 20 feet.

I really liked the fact that it locked the breech and the barrel together. Rear sight comes off, uses screw to hold the rear of this assembly together. 2 grub screws hold all solid to the barrel once the other screws are in and set. And 3 more grub screws hold weaver rail to the rest. Locking the whole aseembly into one solid aligned package. Ready to mount a scope or Red Dot type sight on.

I think I am going to go back to the Red Dot. Accurate enough for close work to put 5 in one ragged hole if I can do my part right.
    I have not seen that mount before . I found out that with the barrel mount I can set the RD. forward enough that there is nothing obstructing the loading port . I ordered a .177 barrel in the stock length for it last night . Shooting to much to pay the cost difference in ammo for shooting sinners at 10 yards . I am liking the BSA RD. Been looking at the crosman 2 power pistol scope at PA . 20 yard parallax and up to 20 inches eye relief $49.95 . Marvin