WidenersRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Mounting a Site Mark red dot on 1911 rail (NOVAK dove tail)

Boolit Master

Mounting a Site Mark red dot on 1911 rail (NOVAK dove tail)

I'm looking for a slide mounted base to mount a Site Mark red dot on a Rock Island 1911 slide..It has a Novak dove tail grove, not the standard 1911 grove..
    I found a Burris base that uses the Novak system size grove..Burris MFR# 410322 (Cheaper than dirt) among other places..

I'm thinking the Site Mark Red Dot will fit

Question are the 4 pins the same distance apart. The pins stick up from the base and help alien the scope.. Sorry no pics at this juncture

Site Mark pins are about 1 1/2" X a tad under 7/8"

I've always used the Clark full length base. you'll have to drill and tap the slide, but it looks nice and clean. I use Ultra Dots exclusively since they first came out in the 80's on all my bullseye pistols. Never have had any problems. One tough scope.
    Phil

Boolit Master

I think the OP is referring to a micro reflex sight like a Leupold Delta Point, Doctor and Trijicon RMRs. You would think they have a standardized base and without a rep available today I would down load the individual specs for each rmr and compare.

Boolit Master

I got it figured out..The pins do work , but the base I ordered is for a standard cut dove tail and I have the Novak cut dove tail. Now I have to make one or order another one.

Boolit Master

Now because of screw ups I now am a proud owner of a slide mount for a Glock, mount for a Standard 1911 and am waiting for the Novak slide mount, these all are for mounting a Red Dot reflex directly on the slide..
    Broke but proud........
    Its tough when you like to shoot pistolas and your eyes are not quit like they were a couple years (decades) ago

Boolit Master

Its done! My Red dot is now mounted on my slide solidly. I had to order a Burris Fast Fire mount, that was the only mount that would fit. The Manufacture # above is the correct one...It took about 10 minutes of filing and fitting but was well worth it.